PDA

View Full Version : Working with VERY low roll

CountDuckula
07-27-2004, 01:42 PM
I currently have $11 left in my Party account (transferred the rest out to do some bonus whoring), which is just enough for one SNG, and I was thinking about how best to go about playing to place ITM (not worrying about whether it's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd), and hopefully be able to build up my roll to something a bit more reasonable.

Any suggestions? Would AleoMagus' plan be suitable, or is it more designed to take some risks in exchange for getting into position to take 1st?

I think this will be an amusing little challenge, and that is how I'm looking at this; if I fail, I still have other fish to fry. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

BrettK
07-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Since even the best $11 players have an ITM of only 50%, this isn't a great idea. And since Party charges 20% for the $5 games, you can't play two of those to slightly decrease your busting chances. Add to this the fact that the low levels of Party SNGs have very high variance because of the horrible players and you'll come to the conclusion that your chances of busting, even if you win at first, are very high. If we were talking about UB, I'd suggest the penny ring games to build it back up over a long period of time, but I don't know if Party offers any of those games. Good luck if you try it. I suggest avoiding close decisions and *not* taking chances on the bubble.

Brett

CountDuckula
07-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the thoughts; I'm not too worried about losing the $11, I'm just interested in seeing what I can do with it, and seeking ideas on how to maximize my chances (and yours make sense). I do have more on Neteller, that's going to go to a couple of sites with deposit bonuses going on, and once I clear them, I'll go back and reload on Party. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

kyro
07-27-2004, 02:05 PM
hehe, i was down to 6.11 on Party and entered into my final 5+1 SNG. I figured it was the end. It's now up to almost $40, and hopefully I can avoid going on tilt and keep it from dropping too far before I finally learn how to play poker.

Jason Strasser
07-27-2004, 02:05 PM
GAMBOOL. Just play a 10+1 SNG. I guess on the bubble u want to be a wimp, if your just as fine with 3rd as first...

Jurollo
07-27-2004, 02:41 PM
I would throw it onto a NL $25 and try to double up, I would think you have better odds of doing that then getting a guaranteed ITM in a $10 SNG.

CountDuckula
07-27-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would throw it onto a NL $25 and try to double up, I would think you have better odds of doing that then getting a guaranteed ITM in a $10 SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a thought that hadn't occurred to me! Thanks, I may do just that.

-Mike

t_perkin
07-27-2004, 03:08 PM
yeah I would go with that. Push in preflop with the first decent hand you get. People will call short stacks very often at those tables.

Tim