PDA

View Full Version : early position in multiway pot

Pompey
07-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Prima $1-2NL 5-handed at a 6 max table

I (just) have everyone covered, with no-one at the table having more than max buyin. (bb has about $50, button has about $100)

I'm in sb with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif everyone limps including me, bb checks. (pot:$10)

flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

It's checked to the CO who min bets $2 - we all call (pot:$20)

turn: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

again I check, and it's checked to button who min bets $4. I call and bb calls other 2 fold (pot: $32)

River: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out for $12, bb calls, button goes all in for ~$90 I have a think and fold and the bb calls for the rest of his stack.

bb had 82
button had 89

I'm sure I shouldn't have waited till the river to make a move in this hand - but I'm unsure where I should have bet or raised (would a raise on the turn have given me enough information to drop this hand when the button re-raises me).

In the end I felt I got out of the hand pretty cheaply - but (with so many people in the pot and me being in early position) at no point until the large all in reraise did I know where I was at. Any comments?

Huskiez
07-29-2004, 05:53 PM
I think those small bets by button are very suspicious and scream monster hand. I think you played it fine as is. You could go for the check raise on the turn, but I think I like your river line better.

He let you get away very cheaply from this hand by not reraising less. Unfortunately BB couldn't take the same line you did and decided to call.

A checkraise by you followed by a button reraise would probably let you get away from the hand. But the problem is what if he were to smooth call the turn raise, and then make a moderate bet on the river? I'd just be greatful he let me get away from this hand so easily the way it played out.

By the way, I think this hand should be mucked preflop.