PDA

View Full Version : Single vs Multi-tabling

Tsushima
07-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I've read a couple of previous threads on this subject but didn't really find what I was looking for.

I play a mixture of 20s and 30s at Party with the occasional 50 when I am feeling brave and a single 100 when I finished 2nd (scary /images/graemlins/smile.gif). I usually play one table at once but have occasionally tried two or three tables.

For my last 107 SnGs (when I started keeping track) my results have been:
1st 19
2nd 16
3rd 16
4th 15
5th 9
6th 5
7th 8
8th 7
9th 7
10th 6

My ROI is 4570/3109 or 47%

I also play multi tables and won a 650 person 30+3 as well as several other money finishes.

I make a lot of notes on other players and adjust my play to the types of players involved. Either I am a lucky guesser or I am getting better at reading hands.

However, when I play multiple tables a lot of my ability to read others goes out the window as I can't concentrate on other people playing three simultaneous hands, because I have to concentrate on the hands I am playing instead. I feel like I am playing blindfolded when having to base my play purely on the strength of my own hand and not an educated guess on what hands others are likely to hold based on their past betting patterns.

In addition to winning money, I want to improve my game so I can play in higher stakes SnG and large MTTs with more chance of success.

Should I therefore concentrate on playing single tables and continuing to improve my reading skills? Would I be able to read more tables at once with practice or am I always going to be better off playing a single table if my aim is to improve more quickly?

Any advice welcomed

Tsushima