PDA

View Full Version : AQo meets a scary board

StellarWind
07-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
MP3 is loose/passive. Don't know CO or BB.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (8.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB folds.

River: (8.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, ...

Haupt_234
07-27-2004, 10:55 AM
I think I play it the same here Stellar. If you are betting the turn, the river bet is a must since the ace couldn't have improved his hand at all and only helped you. You are either ahead or behind (obviously), and the ace doesn't change that.

I bet out the turn since I wasn't raised here. Even though your opponent is passive, he is also loose. I think he will call the river bet with a lot of hands that you beat on this textured board. You also have a good chance of not being raised with a hand that beats you.

Haupt_234

JeffO
07-27-2004, 10:55 AM
I'd bet the river. If he has the Jack he's probably raising the turn (unless he's smart enough to just call hoping to string the others along) And you can't worry to much about the runner runner flush. The real question is what are you going to do if raised on the river?

StellarWind
07-27-2004, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The real question is what are you going to do if raised on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I have to call. The pot is big and there are so many worse two pair hands he could have.

RED_RAIN
07-27-2004, 11:55 AM
But you say loose passive, thus maybe a spot to fold when raised (flush, straight).

StellarWind
07-27-2004, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But you say loose passive, thus maybe a spot to fold when raised (flush, straight).

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm getting 11-1. How many times have you seen a loose passive player coldcall KT/K9/T9 and then slowplay two pair until the big surprise on the river? Many of them love to do this. Or maybe this player called down with AT/A9 and made aces-up on the river. When you throw in the pure bluff possibility it becomes hard to fold.

colgin
07-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Against a different type of player I might check-call hoping to induce a bluff from a worse hand that would not call and avoiding a raise from a better hand. Here, your opponent seems like a calling station so I would make the value bet as you did. I would call a raise back to me.

Colgin

StellarWind
07-27-2004, 04:12 PM
MP3 folded the river. MHIG.