PDA

View Full Version : A bluff too far?

chezlaw
07-27-2004, 09:37 AM
I've got a great image with a bunch of passive folk who call a lot but won't show down without a pair. Was this out of line?

It's a paradise 5 player 3/6 game. All limp to me in the BB with 76o.

Flop is K43r. SB check, I bet, 2 call
Turn is 3 of the fourth suit. I bet, 1 call
River is T. I bet, 0 call and I win

fyodor
07-27-2004, 09:46 AM
It's never too far if it's going to work and it looks like you found some people it will work against. Go for it. Far too often I find myself at a table where you can't bluff period.

schubes
07-27-2004, 09:51 AM
There's nothing wrong with taking a stab at the flop. Given you bet the turn, and given your image and reads I think you have to bet the river.
The key point is the turn, you could just as easily check-folded there, and bet out the river if checked through. Since it may look like you were 'afraid' of the 3, they may not put you on a bluff right away.

Overall, risky but well played IMHO

Peter_rus
07-27-2004, 10:11 AM
These far bluffs are good and effective but don't use them very often as many people on for eg 5/10 PP like. When you were spotted it usually leads to trash-rebluffs on turn, flop raises with bottom pair and this is the time to fold more and wait for a cards to once again scare opponents. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Apocalypse
07-27-2004, 10:20 AM
im sorry but i think you just got lucky here with 4 ppl on the flop and you in ep, i can only agree with the riverbet since you don't have any showdown value