PDA

View Full Version : dealing

taketwoagain
07-27-2004, 08:33 AM
I'm dealing a hand of hold em and accidentally reveal a card by flashing it or flipping it over. Do I immediately pull that card back to hold as the first burn card and give that person the next card in the deck or do I complete the deal and then pull that card back and replace it? Sorry for such a basic question but playing online doesn't do much for dealing skills.

mostsmooth
07-27-2004, 09:27 AM
where i play, you would finish the deal, then take back the exposed card and replace it with a new card (face down of course) and continue from there as if nothing happened. the exposed card does not become the burn card. also, if the exposed card was the first card for one of the blinds, im not sure what happens. in stud if one of the very first two cards off the deck are exposed, its a mis-deal. im gonna guess its the same for holdem

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Continue the deal around the table. When everyone has two cards (except the recipient of the flashed card) deal the card that would have been the burn card to the man who is short a card. Show the flashed card to all, and place it on top of the deck to use as the burn card.