PDA

View Full Version : Posting BB

07-27-2004, 07:42 AM
Are you losing money when you post the BB one to the right of the button, as opposed to waiting for the BB to reach you?

donkeyradish
07-27-2004, 07:53 AM
I don't know

But I prefer to wait for the excuse that it gives me a few hands to watch ; ie. to see what the game is like.

Vern
07-27-2004, 07:58 AM
There are arguments both ways, but I don't think either way is that much better from the other. Posting the BB in position means you act last on the first betting round but early from then on. Your next hand is the SB, so you get double implied odds on limping and your third hand is the button. Posting in the CO allows you to have your first BB be in a favorable position. You can call one instead of two cold from a raiser and still have position on them. You can watch three more hands or enter a table while your seat is in the blinds and not wait an entire orbit to get to you. You can raise the table for the cost of only one bet to you. Other players may raise with looser standards since there is more posted money already in the pot. I think it is more of a flavor issue than one is truly better than the other and it only affects your first round so I cannot have a big effect on your overall results. Typically the only time I post in the CO is if I sit at a a table and that is my first opportunity to post. Otherwise I post the BB when it is my turn.

Vern

SuitedSixes
07-27-2004, 08:23 AM
I had it explained to me this way:
You pay .75 BB per orbit (so in a full-ring game .075 BB/hand).

If you post on the button, you are seeing the next 8 hands for .063BB. It is only cheaper than the normal .075BB/H for the last two positions.

nykenny
07-27-2004, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you losing money when you post the BB one to the right of the button, as opposed to waiting for the BB to reach you?

[/ QUOTE ]

so far i have posted UTG, UTG+1, MP1, CO-1, CO, BB afew times over. yet i am still winning, so i guess the theory doesn't apply /images/graemlins/grin.gif so please by all means post on any position /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

well actually, don't listen to me, i am not sure if everyone can play bad positions as profitably as i do /images/graemlins/shocked.gif