PDA

View Full Version : When your opponents are on crack....

SlyAK
07-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Scene: Prima 100 max NL, blinds .50/1

I have $95, UTG+1 has $30.50... (his stack size will be important in how I view my hand).

I have been at the table a couple orbits and notice that UTG+1 will bet weakly whenever checked to him.

I am dealt 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB. UTG+1 limps, Button limps, I complete, BB checks.

Flop A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Beautiful....

I check, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1, button folds, I call, BB folds.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/club.gif Well, not the best card, but I figure that if SB has an ace he won't be able to get rid of it so I'll take his little stack. I check, (I know he will bet). He bets $2... I c/r to $8.... he then min-raises to $14. (Smells like an ace, or better, no way I am folding against a short stack so if he has a miracle boat so be it). I put him all-in and he calls.

The river was the 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

My opponent shows Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I take it down. Unfortunately he didn't rebuy!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sly

SkippingGoat
07-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Give him a break, he was pot committed! I'm guessing that he also had a "feeling" making the call that much easier.

SpiderMnkE
07-27-2004, 08:34 AM
Maybe he misread his hand for Grannie Mae

Leo Bello
07-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Sorry, poster is right. the guy must be on crack, stoned, drunk. He didnīt even tried to do a real steal. And he called an all-in with nothing.

SlyAK
07-27-2004, 10:43 PM
He did have to be on crack.... if he is going to bluff the check-raise he needs to move all-in. Since I pushed, he should save the $15 and take his lady out to McDonalds. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sly