PDA

View Full Version : Inane Preflop Stuff

Danenania
07-27-2004, 02:52 AM
Sorry, know this is simple, but I'm still learning NL! Plus the new forum needs some newbie post padding.

Party $50 buy-in.

Hero stack $60
SB stack $35

SB is fishy.

Hero has QQ UTG

Preflop: Hero openraises to $5, two callers in MP, SB reraises all-in, Hero folds

Standard?

warlockjd
07-27-2004, 03:42 AM
If 'fishy' includes loose preflop raising standards, I believe this is an easy all in.

Especially 6 max. With no reads on 6 max, I still think it is allin. I generally play the $100 NL game tho. Am interested in other responses.

phixxx
07-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Maybe giving the raiser a bit too much respect there ;o~

SirArthur
07-27-2004, 06:31 AM
If he's uber fishy, or has been going all in quite frequently, I call without hesitation.

This is an easy laydown against most sane opponents though.
I'd probably wait for a better opportunity to get all my money in pre-flop, because even fish get dealt A/A & K/K.

Bear in mind, I'm mostly a full ring NL player, the 6 max tables play a bit differently of course.

SkippingGoat
07-27-2004, 06:38 AM
I'm going to go ahead and agree with the fold. Pushing with three players already fairly heavily invested in the pot generally indicates AA-QQ, AK, or maybe JJ. It's definitely possible that you're ahead here but why not save your $30 for a better spot? I think a lot of people fall into the trap of saying "It's Party Poker!" and use this as an excuse for making bad plays. Unless you've seen this guy push TT-22, AQ, etc. before, I like a fold. Add to the equation that if you call you could very well get the other players to call as well which would likely throw some suited cards/overcards into the mix decreasing the probability that you take the pot down (though not neccessarily decreasing your EV). So again, I reluctantly fold but wouldn't call you crazy if you called, especially 6-handed.

Daann
07-27-2004, 07:12 AM
If he is a passive fish then fold, if not then reraise just to make sure that the limpers will not come along for the ride. Short stack is just as likely to be pushing JJ/TT as AA/KK here, along with AK.

Danenania
07-27-2004, 01:24 PM
It was actually a full 10-handed ring game FWIW, not 6-max. And as for results, everyone folded to his push.