PDA

View Full Version : TT in with a small colony of coldcallers

sfer
07-27-2004, 02:08 AM
Live 5/10. Sthief09 is to my left in MP. 2 limps to Josh who limps. I raise in the CO with T /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif. All call. Loose blinds call.

6 to the flop for 12 SBs. Flop is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Josh bets, I raise, all fold to an EP calling station who calls, Josh calls.

3 to the turn for 9 BBs. Turn is 2 of some non-important suit. Checked around.

River is like a 6. Checked to me, I bet, EP calls, Josh folds.

Comments?

Tosh
07-27-2004, 02:10 AM
Why aren't you betting the turn ?

Brian
07-27-2004, 02:15 AM
You absolutely must bet on the Turn.

-Brian

SpaceAce
07-27-2004, 02:22 AM
I don't like raising the flop then checking the turn.

SpaceAce

bakku
07-27-2004, 02:47 AM
C'mon sfer, bet the turn!

sfer
07-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Can you say mildly freaked out by Josh's flop bet and call? Fearful of the checkraise? A mind turning into soft pudding? Oh yes.

Shoulda bet the turn. EP mucked and MHIG. Josh had 33 and was successfully messing with my head.

sthief09
07-27-2004, 09:22 AM
I'm experimenting with ways of dealing with preflop raisers. it was a dumb bet but whatever. I just think it's important to realize that after you raised me, I made an incorrect call. When you checked through on the turn, it made my call correct.

when do we get to see the bluff of the century?

sfer
07-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Alright, per Josh's request. I'm not going to post another whole thread, but for your amusement, here it is. You can comment on my play but I'm happy with one street. BTW, we were generally playing pretty silly during this game and made everything back when the table went shorthanded. I need to play more shorthanded against predictable, weak players, i.e. this table.

5/10 HE. UTG any 2, loose, large breasted, limps. UTG+1 weak-tightish limps. MP1 who hasn't gotten out of line raises. MP2 coldcalls. I coldcall in the CO with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Button folds. SB--me have hand, me bet, how much can I bet?--3-bets! BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 caps!, MP2 calls, I call! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif, SB calls.

5 to the flop for 22 SBs. Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to MP1 who bets, MP2 folds, I raise!, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

4 to the turn for 15 BBs. Turn is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. /images/graemlins/mad.gif SB--me have hand, me bet--bets, UTG calls, MP1 folds, I call.

3 to the river for 18 BBs. River is a 4th /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Everyone freezes up. Checked to me and I accidently flip 4 red chips into the pot and apologetically take back 2 of them. SB, who must have busted out of the tourney and watched to much poker on TV decides to study me through his shades. He studies, shakes his head, and mucks. I can hear Izmet yelling, "Enjoy your fruit cocktail, sucker!" from wherever he is. UTG calls. I call out, "Pair of sevens," UTG shows 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the baby flush and her hand is good. Do I get a small prize for moving from 3rd place to second?

Now I want Josh to post his hand where he should have hung in there with 72o. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sthief09
07-27-2004, 10:11 AM
MP1 who hasn't gotten out of line raises

when MP1 played his first hand, he tried to bet $10 on the flop. the dealer said "you can only bet $5." he was confused. the dealer said, "you know this is limit, right?" and he just said "oh" and proceeded to play for another 2 hours

5 to the flop for 22 SBs. Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to MP1 who bets, MP2 folds, I raise!, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

there was a bet and a call to you.

4 to the turn for 15 BBs. Turn is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. /images/graemlins/mad.gif SB--me have hand, me bet--bets, UTG calls, MP1 folds, I call.

you didn't bet the turn. MP1 bet the turn because he caught his ace.

if you hadn't tabled like 18 bluffs, she might've given it to you. but she was bitter, and she plays 50-100 so she had no qualms about paying you off for $10 /images/graemlins/mad.gif Lon McEaran or whatever would've shat his pants if he saw that bluff /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sfer
07-27-2004, 10:18 AM
You might be right about the flop action. And I can't even put a face to MP1 for some reason. I remember the guy who took his seat after he picked up though.

[ QUOTE ]
you didn't bet the turn. MP1 bet the turn because he caught his ace

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. The turn was bet by the SB and MP1 folded is KK/QQ. SB (me have hand, me bet) caught his Ace. This I remember completely. The river was 3 ways. I don't make that river bet into 3 players.

[ QUOTE ]
if you hadn't tabled like 18 bluffs, she might've given it to you. but she was bitter, and she plays 50-100 so she had no qualms about paying you off for $10 Lon McEaran or whatever would've shat his pants if he saw that bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of me is just happy I could confirm Asian stereotypes and show down that hand. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sthief09
07-27-2004, 10:25 AM
oh I mixed up SB and MP1. I thought in your original post you said you bet the turn. maybe you said "Me have hand, me bet" and I got confused.

good job hiding the hand in this thread though. now no one will get to see it /images/graemlins/mad.gif I would've rather just posted it in its own thread and claimed it was me. river bluffs don't get any better than that

sfer
07-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah, but there are few things more embarrassing that getting retarded with suited 2 gappers. Except maybe raising 83s UTG and getting 3-bet UTG+1. Oops. Did that too.