PDA

View Full Version : Paradise 2/4: Too tentative with this AA hand?

chesspain
07-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Fairly loose game, with average aggression. BB plays "any two suited/any two Broadway;" I don't have reads on the other players. I'll give the thoughts I had during the hand, but I'll save the results for later.

Preflop: chesspain is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, chesspain calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.
<font color="blue"> I only coldcalled here since I figured I was either fairly far ahead or fairly far behind, and the only decent draw (four-flush) won't be folding anyway.</font>

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, chesspain calls, UTG+1 calls.
<font color="blue"> I don't see a good reason to raise here either, since: 1) This isn't a value raise if I'm behind, 2) No better hand is folding, 3) I can't fold to a reraise given my redraw to the nut flush, and 4) There are plenty of worse hands drawing nearly dead that may fold now to a raise, but may hang on to see a showdown if I only call. </font>

River: (10.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.25 BB, between MP2, chesspain and UTG+1.</font>

MoreWineII
07-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Looks right to me.

chesspain
07-27-2004, 09:04 AM
MP2 showed T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the turned flush
UTG+1 showed 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the baby, rivered flush

...and MHIG