PDA

View Full Version : samuel adams commercial

MicroBob
07-27-2004, 12:05 AM
not sure if anyone has posted it....but the latest sam adams commercial has 5 or so guys playing hold-em at someone's house.
very tense moment...monster pot....some guy throws his cards down and says "i'm out" and the dumbfounded guy who is the last one holding his cards says "well...i guess i win" and he shows his 72o as he drags the pot and all his friends and buddies howl in disbelief.

the sam adams pilgrim guy (or whatever the hell he is) says something like 'sam adams can always take a bad hand and make it a good one'.

it's pretty ridiculous.

unfortunately, you can't see the board-cards or the hand the other guy mucked....which i'm sure would make the ad even more unrealistic and amusing.
in fact, you can only barely catch a glimpse of the 72o.

they are also holding onto their cards unreasonably high during their little stare-down (instead of just peeking and leaving them face-down).

btw.....isn't the frat and post-frat sam-adams type crowd the exact type of people we want playing in our games (both online and B&M)?? thanks Sam Adams...keep up the good work.

Navers
07-27-2004, 12:51 AM
it's just a friendly beer commercial, no need to overanalyze it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sponger15SB
07-27-2004, 12:55 AM
yeah i saw it and was laughing at the stupidity of it all. oh well, can't win em all

MicroBob
07-27-2004, 01:19 AM
i just want to know how i can get in this game....is that so bad??

djack
07-27-2004, 03:30 AM
as if there needed to be further confirmation that poker is The Big Thing Right Now.

MMMMMM
07-27-2004, 07:17 AM
^

Bobby Digital
07-27-2004, 05:48 PM
The board looked like it was all low cards. I'm thinking he missed his straight draw. You can't make big fold on the river against a possible drunk.

How about the McDonald's commercial from a few months back, where they all fold to like a 3 fry bet. Then he drags the massive stack of fries. The pot odds were like 20 fries to 1! What a horrible laydown.