PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Wanna Post No Mo'....

Bill Murphy
07-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Dang, the forums been blowing up lately. Too much to keep up with if ya miss a couple days. And all the wrong foruming makes it even worse, although I admit that I been down w/the sh1t too. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyway, August 1st sounds like a wonderful date to shut down/archive the Other Topics & NVG Forums, then re-emerge with these new Forums:

*POKER* News, Views, & Gossip
Other Topics - Sports, Movies, etc.
Other Topics - Politics & Current Events
some sort of "What To Do, Where To Stay in Vegas, L.A., etc" type thing

Long overdue, and the next terrorist strike/election "delay"/"temporary" state of emergency-martial law will just make it worse. Prolly need to rejigger the homepage menu display a bit, too. Have to be a hardazzes on the WF'ing for the first couple weeks, as well.

Still a pretty high S/N ratio, tho; esp. compared to dusty wastes of RGP. But its time; gotta keep moving.

Anyway, I've thrown away half my life arguing sports, music and such, so I'll see ya'll on the Stud Forum mostly now. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
07-26-2004, 11:56 PM
How about a "drama-queen - I'm leaving, no I'm back now, no I'm leaving, no I'm back, I'm just a pathetic jerk who is starved for attention since childhood so now I'll just be a jerk all the time on 2+2 to try and make up for it" forum.

al

Rick Nebiolo
07-27-2004, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about a "drama-queen - I'm leaving, no I'm back now, no I'm leaving, no I'm back, I'm just a pathetic jerk who is starved for attention since childhood so now I'll just be a jerk all the time on 2+2 to try and make up for it" forum.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be a good idea for a fourm but I don't think Bill Murphy, who as far as I can tell is a class act, wouldn't belong there.

Regards,

Rick

Al_Capone_Junior
07-27-2004, 12:17 AM
Bill Murphy is definitely not who I was talking about here. Bill IS a class act, he was on to something with his post. I just jumped on the bandwagon. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

Rick Nebiolo
07-27-2004, 12:42 AM
then we agree to agree /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Easy E
07-27-2004, 10:56 AM
except I don't remember you saying you were leaving...

You going to troll for old banned posters to fill up your new forum?

Bill Murphy
07-27-2004, 11:00 PM

Al_Capone_Junior
07-28-2004, 10:56 AM
No, I wasn't talking about myself. I have never ever once said I was leaving. I was talking about a few tho that do this regularly, you know, the ones who should change their name to "drrrama-F-in-Queen."

I think a banned posters forum would be great. Banned posters can only post there, and non-banned posters cannot access or read it at all. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I had my own "ferum" it would be the "super-magoo forum." /images/graemlins/grin.gif Clarkmeister would have his own weekly column of course! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

jwvdcw
07-28-2004, 11:46 AM
I like those ideas for new forums! Tell me where to sign up!

MikeGuz
07-31-2004, 04:37 AM
As a guy who posted a lot a long time ago and recently come back to 2+2 mostly due to playing a nice home game with the Web Master and others who originaly met on this site I can see your point - geesch this site has exploded.

I have fond memories of the people I have met on line then in real life. Like Rick N., Big John (did he make it, love that big guy) and others to numerious to mention.

Well just called Trump and the NLHE game has a couple of open seats so gotta go.

Keep your spirits up - limit your forums and always check raise the turn /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike