PDA

View Full Version : KK in the BB, 3-6 Live

Nathan torian
07-26-2004, 08:18 PM
This is a 3-6 live game, and I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif as the big blind. Help me with some analysis on this hand.

Person immediately on my left calls the BB. Two more people on the button limp in. The small blind folds. I raise to make it two bets. All 3 behind me call.

The flop comes 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif rainbow.

I bet, and the guy on my immediate left raises. The two on the end fold to calling two bets cold. I reraise, thinking that the guy probably has a pair with ace kicker. Or a big pocket pair. But he reraises back at me, capping the bet, and I call.

The turn card is a K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I like the look of the card, since now I know that I can beat AA, but I'm still worried about the case hand, A2. It's the only thing reasonable that can beat me that might have limped in for another bet preflop. I check, and the guy on my left raises. I call.

River card, 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I check. The person on my left raises. I call.

Results in white:
<font color="white">The person on my left had the case hand, A2. He was at first an underdog to my KK preflop, but he flopped the straight perfectly. Was it wise to pay him off, or was there a chance that I would have taken the pot down?</font>

Haupt_234
07-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Why did you slow down on the turn after hitting your top set in fear of one single hand?

I would not give my opponent such credit as flopping a straight with A2 and fastplaying it on the flop. I would most likely be capping this to the river. I think your immediate check/call is rather weak here.

Haupt_234

Nathan torian
07-26-2004, 08:29 PM
I think the guy's cap on the flop made me slow down and think. From what I had seen from him before, I didn't view him as a loose player. If the guy had anything less than A2, I don't believe he would have capped my three bet on the flop.

Trix
07-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Check-raise the turn, if he flopped a set then you are ahead now. If he happened to flop a straight, you still have 10 outs, so getting 3bet isnt that bad. I would guess that he has the straight maybe 5-10% of the time and something you beat the rest.

Neji
07-26-2004, 08:40 PM
If he had a straight on the flop, with a rainbow flop, he probably slowplay the flop.

I think you had to attack the turn and the river