PDA

View Full Version : AK turn action ?

Trix
07-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

MP1 is loose. No notes on other guy.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero

BlackMamba
07-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Seeing as how MP1 is loose, he may be on any type of hand, so I would just call. If the turn comes a rag, I would lead out bet a good amount, if he raises once again, I would continue the hand cautiously.

MarkD
07-26-2004, 09:00 PM
My gut instinct says that this is a fold on the turn as he is check raising knowing that you will bet and expecting the button to also play on. Button is obvioulsy on a flush draw so I'm not real concerned about him.

MP1 has the 6 more often than he has KQ here IMO. If the K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif was a K/images/graemlins/spade.gif and the 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif was a 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif I would be more inclined to call down as he could have K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif but I think you are screwed in this case. I may get reamed out for this adviced but this is how I feel.

MoreWineII
07-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Eh, I don't think MP1 calls a cap on the flop with a 6. Pocket 5's is a definite possibility though.

Still, I don't think I'm laying this down here. Especially since your read on him is "loose".

Joshua
07-26-2004, 10:38 PM
I see this type of raise on the turn when the board pairs all the time and could easily mean he's got a king and thinks whuuhaa! I've got two pair. I would call down.

MarkD
07-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Sure he could. If I bet the flop I'd pretty much have to call with a 6 when it came back to me with the correct pot odds.

Also, he is loose, hence he likes to call. A 6 is a likely holding.

MAxx
07-27-2004, 12:02 AM
I agree with Mark in the sense that my gut instinks would tell me I am behind. Honestly I think sometimes I would fold and sometimes I would call down. IMO, I do not think either decision is tragically wrong. In this situation however, despite my gut instincts, I would have to defer to my intial read on his looseness. This would lead me to lean towards calling down b/c of the real possiblity that does not necessary have to have the goods to make this play. I do not think that either decision is going hurt your overall long-term EV.

Trix
07-27-2004, 01:49 PM
I called down. MP1 had Q6 spades. Button had AKo.

Am I good by the river more than 1/8?...I´m not sure.