PDA

View Full Version : Follow through on the bluff?

Chris Daddy Cool
07-26-2004, 07:32 PM
4 handed game, late into the night. 2/3 blinds NL hold'em

I have avout $240. Villian has about $120.

I have J /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP and open for $15. LP, somewhat tight, but nitty, calls. Usually in this spot I'll fire $10-$20 on any flop and expect to take it down more than half the time.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $15. He thinks hard and calls.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Well, I caught a piece. I think for a little bit and PUSH.

Boo?

Danenania
07-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Does this player "think hard" when he has strong hands as well as weak hands or is he more straightforward?

Chris Daddy Cool
07-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I dont' think he'd think so hard if he had a dominating hand.

His hard thinking made me think he has a draw or some piece of the flop and is wondering if I have a overpair or not.

Danenania
07-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Hmm.. in that case I'd have a hard time pushing unless it was a really weak-tight opponent. If he decided that you didn't have an overpair when he called the flop, then the 3 on the turn shouldn't change anything for him. You could probably get him to fold a middle pair or a draw, but if he has a T you are most likely in trouble. I'd probably give this one up.

Plus you have some outs now so if he checks the turn behind you, you might pick up something to be more confident in. He could also be on a draw and give you a free showdown if he misses.

Leo Bello
07-26-2004, 08:54 PM
I think it was a dangerous push. the board didnīt improved. Since he had called the flop, he probably thinks his hand can beat yours. by pushing I assume u betted the pot (is this right?).
Anyway, a check would show your weakness, and he would then steal. Maybe a half pot bet to allow you to see the river, or give it up now.
What were the results?