PDA

View Full Version : Monster Draw, Monster Pot, and Monster Action, Oh My

SnakeRat
07-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (23.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 32.25 BB

Both players seem aggressive and decent.

This is the biggest draw I have ever flopped, Open-ended straightflush draw +Pair, wow.

Should I have played the turn differently?
When MP1 instacapped I was worried about a bigger flush.

Anybody release on the river? Anybody bet the river?
My hand looked pretty weak after that action, but you never know and the pot is gigantic.

How did I do?

MoreWineII
07-26-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm not folding the river, but I'm not too confident with all that action from two "decent" players.

Sarge85
07-26-2004, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody release on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way on God's green earth I'd ever fold this river.....

I think you played it fine on all streets.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
07-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Personally I'd fold the river to the 3-bet. Yes, I know its for one more bet but you have to consider what your opponents are holding to make these kind of plays.

Given the action where you capped the flop and lead the turn and are still raised on turn, MP1 is obviously not afraid of a straight, if you have one. So assume he thinks you have just two pair or a set and still gives you action on the turn, that means he can have one of two things, AKs for the nut flush or QQ for a set (though unlikely) which he thinks may be good. Given that he raised pf it's unlikely he has JT. Certainly UTG+1 may have JT, but given that he slows down on the turn, I think a set is much more likely for him.

Once the river pairs, I think that's enough incentive to fold. I would almost certainly fold to the 3-bet, yes, even for one more bet. If UTG+1 doesnt' have a fullhouse, he's a moron. MP1 likely has AKs for the nut flush, as obviously he doesn't have QQ. UTG+1 isn't going to do that with JT and he's not 3-betting a raiser and a coldcaller without the goods.

adanthar
07-26-2004, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I'd fold the river to the 3-bet. Yes, I know its for one more bet but you have to consider what your opponents are holding to make these kind of plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Party. I'm not horribly surprised to see 54o here.

edit: I meant 65, but actually, 54 works, too

Rah
07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Folding to one more bet on the river is crazy. Especially on party. I've seen people go crazy with worse hands on scarier flops.