PDA

View Full Version : Small blind at 2/4 level, after 6+limpers

Garbonzo
07-26-2004, 06:41 PM
How bad a hand can I complete with and remain +EV in the small blind after 6 or more people have limped in already and the BB is passive.

Are there nice rules of thumb here? Act as if you are on the button? I'm playing any 2 sooooooted for sure, any pair, but what about hands like 10-8o, or 9-8o...

I bring this up because I just played a 2/4 hand on party and had 7 limpers to my small blind and I had 8-6o and I almost called. I folded, but I was thinking that I was in close to "any two" territory, and then realized I didn't really have any friggin idea what I was doing....

How low can you go..how low can you go...

Chris Daddy Cool
07-26-2004, 06:45 PM
With 6 limpers, you're getting 15-1 odds on your complete. You should complete with A LOT of hands. I'd complete the 86o hand you described as that's 17-1 odds. I don't know the exact EV charts, but I would think unsuited one gappers would call for a complete.

J.R.
07-26-2004, 06:48 PM
I would complete 86o with 2 limpers. You are getting 7-1, but your are only putting in 1/2 small bet, so the phrase implied odds comes to mind. It also doesn't hurt that the typical 2-4 player is also a poor player. I go pretty low.

Garbonzo
07-26-2004, 06:49 PM
j-7o?
4-5o?
k-2o?

Do you complete with these?

It might be easier to figure tha hands that can't (shouldn't) complete.

MarkD
07-26-2004, 06:53 PM
86o would be an easy call for me here. I would call 96o with many fewer callers than what you had.

MarkD
07-26-2004, 06:56 PM
After 6 limpers in a 1/2 blind structure I would play something like this:
54o+
23s+
63o+

Any worse and I would probably fold. :P (This may not be right but it's about what I'd play in this spot).

Garbonzo
07-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Yep, this shows much of what I need to learn about the game.

I had the same reaction to 8-6o as I would have had been in MP after an UTG raiser...ok maybe not not that ignant, but 1/2 way.

I'm usually very aggressive, too much so if anything, which makes it slightly more odd that I had such an aversion to this hand, but I knew after I folded I was not thinking about it correctly.

And Marc, as a pretty new poster here, I have noticd that you have taken the time to answer more than one of my silly questions. It can be difficult when you are new to garner responses and constructive criticsm, especially if you post somewhat backasswards questiosn...seriously, thank you very much.

I appreciate the comments and feedback from everyone btw, no slights intended.

Garbonzo
07-26-2004, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After 6 limpers in a 1/2 blind structure I would play something like this:
54o+
23s+
63o+

Any worse and I would probably fold. :P (This may not be right but it's about what I'd play in this spot).

[/ QUOTE ]

This gave me quite a laugh, there is not much worse than 6-3o, so much so it seems "any 2" could possible be correct.
Is there any material difference between playing 6-3o and 5-2o or 7-2o in this position?

MarkD
07-26-2004, 07:52 PM
63 can make a straight two ways whereas 52 can only make a straight one way. 72 can't make any.

You can probably play any two getting these pot odds, but I prefer to play any two co-ordinated cards instead.

I would also play:
Ax
Kx (although this seems wrong. I have a feeling that 2 < x < 9.)