PDA

View Full Version : How would you play?

Smokey98
07-26-2004, 06:36 PM
How would you play a A2s, A3s, A4s hands? I'm sure it all depends on your postion, but I'm wondering how?

thanks

Greg J
07-26-2004, 11:48 PM
How would you play a A2s, A3s, A4s hands? I'm sure it all depends on your postion, but I'm wondering how?

Hey smokey,

This question is really vague, so vauge I'm not sure how it can really be answered in a substantively meaningful way. Tentatively I will tell you as cheaply as you can preflop, and in late position. The cheif value of this hand is a flush draw obviously -- if you flop an A you have to play it carefully (though not weakly if you can help it). I'm not sure what to tell you beyond that. Try offering some differing circumstances and people could offer better answers.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Greg

Smokey98
07-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Yeah, you are right. It is a bit vauge now that I read it again. Let's assume that I'm on the blinds or 1st in, would you recommend holding with that hand or calling? How about a middle position? I'm thinking 1st in I should call and middle position be very careful to call if someone has called or raised.

RustyCJ
07-27-2004, 12:24 AM
if the game is passive (not many raises PF) be more inclined to play these hands from an earlier position, typically I like to have 3-4 previous callers with small suited aces. You're looking to flop flush draws or 2 pair, if all you get on the flop is a pair of aces, you may easily be out kicked, at low limits, people will play any Ace from any position, suited or not. Your A4s might lose to an A6o with just an A on the flop. Watch your opponents, make notes to which ones will play any ace. Sometimes pairing an A on the flop will win, just be aware of your poor kicker. I use to get into trouble with these types of hands in those situations.