PDA

View Full Version : Newbie bonus question

kiemo
07-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I have never gotten a bonus at Stars before hence I am bit confused by this "If you cash out any amount from your PokerStars account during the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus." qualifying remark on their webpage. I emailed support but their answer only served to confuse me more.

If I deposit 600 to get the 120 bonus, am I allowed to cash out the 600 immediately or do I have to wait until I clear the bonus?

HeartsKing
07-26-2004, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I deposit 600 to get the 120 bonus, am I allowed to cash out the 600 immediately or do I have to wait until I clear the bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can cash out the 600 before you clear the bonus; the bonus sits in a bonus account and is released after you've played the required hands (600 raked hands in your case). There is no expiration time on the bonus. I think you have to wait a certain amount of time after depositing to withdraw, I think it's 2 days at Stars but you should check on their site to make sure. Or somebody will probably come along and confirm or correct me.

-HeartsKing

Thythe
07-26-2004, 06:27 PM
yeah, its just to prevent you from cashing out and immediately cashing back in to get the bonus. You can however buy in and get the bonus and then immediately cash out (with the 2 day wait period though).

MicroBob
07-26-2004, 06:37 PM
yes....the previous 2 posts are correct.

if they didn't have this stipulation then anyone who had $600 in their account would simply cash-out their $600 and then re-deposit it and get the bonus.
they want players depositing new money....not the same money they already had in there.

but after you deposit you are all set.
you can cash-out everything you have in there..and the bonus-money will be sitting there waiting for you to play the required number of hands. you can even collect future re-loads (which stars seems to offer every other month or so) and 'stack them up'. some people have $400 or more in bonus-money waiting to be cleared. and the bonus-money never expires.