PDA

View Full Version : AQ, steaming pile of dog doo or beauty queen??? (HH)

Equal
07-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi all, this is the first time I used bisonbison's hand history converter, and I must say, what a tool! Thanks bison for putting it together.

Here's the situation... I'm getting close to the final table of a $50 NL MTT tournament although for the last half hour I have been a short stack, but staying alive, and I finally built up to a decent stack when I picked up this hand.

I never know how to play AQ preflop, but in this case I may have screwed up on the flop too:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t24012)
BB (t31404)
<font color="C00000">UTG (t23216)</font>
UTG+1 (t54956)
MP1 (t43612)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t21420)</font>
CO (t23023)
Button (t32876)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises to t6000</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t10000</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t4000.

Flop: (t24500) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets t5600</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t11420 (All-In)</font>, UTG calls t5820.

Turn: (t47340) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t47340) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t47340
<font color="green">Main Pot: t47340 (t47340), between UTG and Hero.</font>

fnurt
07-26-2004, 05:56 PM
I don't get the preflop miniraise at all since you obviously didn't care if you hit the flop or not.

If UTG was a LAG then this is your chance to come over the top preflop and win a nice bunch of chips. If you had any other read on him then I wouldn't get frisky with AQo here.

Peter Harris
07-26-2004, 06:02 PM
agreed. if raiser is loose then a push is in order PF, and if tight, then it's a fold. either way betting 50% of your stack PF is wrong in my opinion.

Comments welcome,
Regards,
Pete Harris

tripdad
07-26-2004, 06:10 PM
i usually do not re-raise w/ AQ unless i have a read on my opponent which tells me he is stealing or raising light. if my raise does say that, i would have pushed with your stack there. no way am i miniraising 1/2 my stack off.

postflop, you must know you are beaten. your opponent bet half YOUR stack for a reason there. i would folded quickly, then maybe broken something for me playing off half my stack with a mediocre hand.

cheers!

Equal
07-26-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i usually do not re-raise w/ AQ unless i have a read on my opponent which tells me he is stealing or raising light. if my raise does say that, i would have pushed with your stack there. no way am i miniraising 1/2 my stack off.

postflop, you must know you are beaten. your opponent bet half YOUR stack for a reason there. i would folded quickly, then maybe broken something for me playing off half my stack with a mediocre hand.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspected this would be a typical reply lol. That's why i come here - for the brutal honesty.

So on the flop, should I have smashed my monitor, or kicked my cat?

SossMan
07-27-2004, 11:09 AM
With 7x preflop, this is a pretty easy push unless UTG is a rock. This is definitely a push or fold type of hand. For me it would be Read Dependant based mostly on the table texture. Have lots of pots been taken down preflop with a small raise? Has the table been pretty tight? Do you have any read on this type of player? Is he able to release a hand like 22-77 here?
Without a read to the contrary, I'm most likely pushing here and making him play for 90% of his chips.