PDA

View Full Version : River Stupidity?

Chris Daddy Cool
07-26-2004, 05:07 PM
A NL hand I played this weekend. 2/3 blinds.

I have about $100 bucks. Villian has everybody on the table well covered. He's a very tight player (who the table nicknamed "The Diamond") and plays well, if not a little unimaginative.

I complete the SB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif after 4 limpers. Villian is on the button.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

It's checked around.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet $11. Folded to the button who calls.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. Button bets $15. I checkraise to $35. He thinks for like 3 seconds and then adds $50 on top of that. I say "The diamond cannot be cracked." and fold.

Leo Bello
07-27-2004, 08:29 PM
It canīt be cracked if it is not tried.
Well, and you really said that? You guys are building an even better image for him.
Your fold was ok. But I would have done in another way, if you were not willing to call a 3 bet, you should have just called him. Raise him then fold, seems not logical.
Before raising you should have know he could put u all-in. Were u willing to risky it? In case the answer is no, just call his bet.
Now u donīt know if he had the fullhouse (probably yes), and also, u helped a lot on his image.
How was the table after this hand? He kept on winning?
This hand was live?

JrJordan
07-27-2004, 10:04 PM
There's a nice little saying in the NL forum: "Don't raise if a reraise will make you want to vomit." This looks like the case here. Lots of Ax possiblities for the full boat. Instead of c/ring, I would most likely bet out, then call a decent reraise by the diamond. For every time you're shown a full house, you'll also see two pair with the K or even a slowplayed trips.

cornell2005
07-27-2004, 10:17 PM
if you c/r here, you better not be folding to a push. the only reason to c/r here over betting out is if you think he will definently bet, he will feel pot committed, and he will call with 2 pair or better, where he would have not gotten his money all the way in if you bet out.

if you are going to fold to a push after you c/r, you should just bet out.