PDA

View Full Version : something I am seeing a lot of

DVO
07-26-2004, 04:48 PM
( Cross posted from multi table section)

I see this in the SNG's and the multis, when the blinds are high.

3-4 limpers, someone late to act ( blinds, or maybe the button, and usually rather short stacked) tries to steal with a big raise - and one of the limpers ( big stack) was lying in wait with AA or KK and just destroys them.

This probably strikes the veterans here as a total newby thing to say, but when I see a solid big stack limp in when the blinds are high and most players are in raise/fold mode,
I assume that limper is loaded for bear.

Thoughts?

fnurt
07-26-2004, 04:52 PM
You are a wise man.

Desdia72
07-26-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
( Cross posted from multi table section)

I see this in the SNG's and the multis, when the blinds are high.

3-4 limpers, someone late to act ( blinds, or maybe the button, and usually rather short stacked) tries to steal with a big raise - and one of the limpers ( big stack) was lying in wait with AA or KK and just destroys them.

This probably strikes the veterans here as a total newby thing to say, but when I see a solid big stack limp in when the blinds are high and most players are in raise/fold mode,
I assume that limper is loaded for bear.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just played in a SNG where that very thing happened, except the outcome was different. the blinds were like 50/100 with several limpers, the BB, and the SB. a guy who was the chipleader or second in chips raised to 600, the guy in the BB goes over the top of him all-in. everybody else folds to the preflop raiser who then calls with K K. the BB who went over the top shows J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. the flop proceeds to drop three spades give the BB player a flush draw. the guy with K K is now pissed. i don't know what the BB player thought he was doing going over the top with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, it was a bad play IMO, but it worked out for him.

allenciox
07-26-2004, 05:10 PM
actually, I do this sort of thing all the time... at least in the $100 and $200 SNGs, if you limp and then reraise big after a pre-flop raise, many people assume you have a small pair and re-raise you. I often double up in this situation.

In early position now in the first two rounds, I almost always limp with AA or KK (Note, I will raise in late position if there are limpers ahead of me, to weed people out).