PDA

View Full Version : Analyzing my losses, Part 1

Scotch78
07-26-2004, 04:30 PM
I went back and looked at my worst hands (-3 BB or more) in PT, and here's what I got . . . 27 hands totaling a loss of $239. I lost 4 BB or more 18 times. For now I won't include hands where I got rivered (10 of the 18 biggest losers and 11 of 27 overall), but may come back to hands where I lost more than 1 BB on the river. This leaves 16 hands to look at, so I'll break it up over a week or two. Please let me know what you think.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kh Qs (straight, ace high).
Hero shows Ac 9c (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: SB wins 12 BB. </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Qh Tc (two pair, queens and sevens).
Hero shows 9h 9s (two pair, nines and sevens).
Outcome: BB wins 12.75 BB. </font>

highlife
07-26-2004, 04:36 PM
first hand i would have folded to the turn check raise, it seems too obvious you are facing a made straight or two pair and likely drawing dead, why waste 2BB to find out.

second hand i would have played the same way, although i would expect to lose. if you have a great read on the BB in the second hand (straight forward player, rarely plays stop and go or bluffs) you could lay down on the turn but that would be tough.

fyodor
07-26-2004, 05:51 PM
I have more experience at 5/10 than 1/2 at Party. In the 5/10 the Turn C/R means TP is beat at least 75% of the time (estimate) If you have odds/outs you can call. With that board though I think a fold is in order.

On the 2nd hand what can you do? You're playing against a moron who got lucky. You'll get that money back and more if he sticks around.