PDA

View Full Version : Colluders Caught Red-Handed!!!

06-14-2002, 10:26 AM
I had posted a while back about a relatively new site called Dynamite Poker. During that post, I praised their actions regarding an obvious case of chip dumping and how they handled it. I also added that I liked the contact with them (you can page one of the poker managers at any time, and get a no b/s response!) and that, IMO, this site showed a very high ethical standard and was seriously concerned about maintaining the integrity of their site.

I would now like to share with fellow 2+2'ers some further information.

I was at a table on the site yesterday and saw what I perceived to be some very suspicious play by 2 new players to the site. I paged the host, and asked him to watch their play. He responded by asking me for more particulars, which I gave him.

Today, I had just gotten on the site, and I was paged by one of the hosts with the following message:

"Hi, we reviewed the hands that metekaahyagil (bethlehem) was involved in and also monitored his/her play closely today. We have determined conclusively that this player has been involved in collusion with AdamBT (mahopac). They have both been barred. We will inform all players that were involved in the hands with them and refund any monies lost accordingly."

I was stunned, and congratulated them for ferreting out the bastards. They then asked me how much I had lost during the session in question. After I gave them a rough idea (as I had not written it down exactly) they responded in the following manner...

"In the meantime we have frozen their accounts. However as of now they are barred permanently. We will refund you $xxx due to this incident. Ty"

I told them that I was a big boy & could take my lumps and was just very happy that they had followed up. They insisted on refunding my losses during the session, and credited my account immediately!

I then asked them if I could post what happened on 2+2: They asked if I wanted to post the players names. I responded by saying that a cheat was a cheat & should be exposed. Their response?

"If you wish to reveal their usernames, we have sufficient proof recorded in our logs to substantiate our findings. You informed us of your suspicions, which we verified through our logs to be correct. We then monitored their play today and caught them red-handed. Immediately following one of the hands, we lifted one of the players off the table and advised him/her of the situation. Shortly thereafter, we advised the other player of same. Neither player has responded"

Folks...This is the 2nd time that DynamitePoker has done the right thing under very difficult conditions. We piss & moan & bitch all the time about this kind of stuff, and here's a site that's willing to take action when they see a wrong being done. This is the kind of site that any legitimate player should SUPPORT!

They have recently come out of a very thorough 8 month plus beta and are still adding features and working hard to improve their site. I have played the site from the beginning, and have made multiple cashouts with no problems whatsoever. They will shortly be adding both PL & NL games to their board. I know a number of the players there, and some of them post here. I'm not going to go on & on about quality of play or any of that other stuff, other than to say......

You get on the site and check it out for yourself. Page the poker manager & talk to him. Form your own opinions, but, I'll tell you one thing for sure:

These guys are the real deal: Put your money where your mouth is and support them!!!

06-14-2002, 12:38 PM
hi myrtle...after reading your post i also paged the dynamite host and completely commended their actions ....the way they dealt with it was first class...its something thats hard to find but when it is it should be dealt with severly...they showed they could do this and also looking after their players..hats off to dynamite i say!

06-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Myrtle, I was playing 1-2 yesterday when one of these guys was "lifted" from the table. I havent gotten an e-mail from Dynamite so maybe they didnt collude while I was at the table. Thanks for the info.

Randy

06-14-2002, 05:47 PM
Randy,

Have you paged them to discuss the incident?

06-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Nope...by the time I came home they had already e-mailed me refunding $10. I am pretty impressed.

Randy

06-14-2002, 08:11 PM
Glad to hear it Randy.

I'd ask you to do me a favor tho? Please post your experience on this same string that I started in the "Internet" Forum on this site.

If you go there and read it, you will see that a number of posters clearly think that I am a shill, and have spent most of their effort insulting me, as if their ad hominem personal attacks on my credibility will change the reality of what has happened.

Sometimes this world amazes me........

06-15-2002, 12:21 PM
I play on Dynamite poker and heard about the colluding. I'm very impressed with the site and the staff. The bullchitters calling Myrtle as shill is just that BULLCHIT! It's an honest site.

06-15-2002, 12:36 PM
WTG Myrtle....I've seen ya play on many sites and truely believe you're NOT a shill. What idiots. Anyway I'm very impredded with your style of playing.

06-15-2002, 03:55 PM
I'm glad to hear that someone's offering such good support. I've checked out the site, though, and it runs sluggishly from being Java-based. Also, Planet Poker has always called me at home within minutes of receiving my emails. I don't see why everyone's been abandoning them.

06-17-2002, 06:47 PM
unfortunately, we get too many messages that sound like yours that ARE from shills. please excuse the jaded reflex-comments that ensue.