PDA

View Full Version : $25 NL @ Party

RustyCJ
07-26-2004, 11:37 AM
I have heard the games at $25 NL Party are very soft.

I have played .5/1 and 1/2 6 max limit.

I tried out the $25 NL game this morning and I have caught some very nice hands but the typical play is just awful.

So far I am playing very tight, I don't play Ace rag hands, and when I come in I raise for 3-6 times the BB.

Is the play there as bad as I've seen so far typical or did I just stumble upon the biggest morons ever?

They call raises with trash, go all in with trash, no pair, no draw, a complete bluff, AFTER they have been raised on the turn.

They don't raise their premium hands from any position, regardless of the # of callers, they let drawing hands in cheaply, crap like that.

MasterShakes
07-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Sounds like the Party NL games I know and love. Not every single table will have all of these characteristics every time, but yes, this is what a typical Party game is like.

Mr_Peanut_
07-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Yep that is the Party $25NL I know. Another thing is that once you are in a pot you are basically commiting your whole stack based on the large amount of drawers. I used to play the $50 NL games on Party and they still have many of the same characteristics just a little bit tighter.

LikesToLose
07-26-2004, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the play there as bad as I've seen so far typical or did I just stumble upon the biggest morons ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

These 2 statements are not mutually exclusive. You simply underestimate the number of biggest morons.

The one thing to look out for is slowplaying. Most players will slowplay their premium hands and trap hands like TPTK.

Wayfare
07-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Yes, they are terrible, but they do have monsters sometimes. Watch out if your turn bet gets min-raised by a fish, he has the goods most (almost all) of the time.

Also watch out for other 2+2'ers like this guy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gvibes
07-26-2004, 04:18 PM
I was watching my brother play for a while, and they are horrible. My bro (CO) made the nut flush on the flop, and made a small bet on flop, and an EP player called. A fourth of the suit (hearts, I think) came up on the turn, and my brother pushed. The guy called with no heart, no draws, and Q high. He thought my bro was trying to buy the pot.

jagoff
07-26-2004, 04:59 PM
While Party's games are soft there are much softer out there. Pacific has very soft games but they are limited to limit games there. Also, any of the Cypto sites offer amazingly great games.

o0mr_bill0o
07-26-2004, 09:53 PM
ah, yes, that sounds just like PP to me. I can still vividly remember the times i've made a bluff, and then been called. I immediately think to myself "oh, [censored]." And then he turns his cards over, and he can't even beat my bluff.