PDA

View Full Version : AK is this too weak preflop?

KHALI
07-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Early in a $10 I was dealt AK in middle position. All limpers before me, I raise it up to 80(pot was 70, 4x bb) a player later raises to 200, button reraises to 400. First limper calls(hmmm). I thought for awhile and folded based on a couple things. One, I feel I am probably one of the better players at the table and this maybe isn't the best time to get all the money in with probably at best being a slight underdog and the early limp cold call worried me. My question is without knowing the particular opponents would this be a fold or a push all in for you and why or why not?
I ask this because almost identical situations have come up twice in the past week or so. First time I would have been up against KK and 99 and the second time the best hand was AJ.

mistrpug
07-26-2004, 01:12 PM
I'd fold here, especially if you think you're one of the better players at the table. Even if one of the others have a small pair, you're still less than 50% and most of the time it's hard to believe your hand is any good here.

HUSKER'66
07-26-2004, 02:33 PM
The raise/reraise tells you to muck. Too many callers, and too expensive to push with a good hand...but a drawing hand none the less.Your going to need a favorable flop and even then you might be splitting with another A/K.If one of your opponents has a pocket pair and the other holds an A or K, your too big a dog to make this push EV+.

Muck and wait for the next go round. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Husker