PDA

View Full Version : good (semi-)bluff?

Apocalypse
07-26-2004, 06:34 AM
Pokerstars 5/10 (6 max)

im in the BB holding A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG (typical although a bit loose preflop) calls, folded to SB(typical) who calls and i check

flop:

Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I check, UTG checks

turn

6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet

Im curious what other people would do in this place and give some detailed reasoning in wich they weigh the different factors coming into place here.

Im at a point where i got the feeling i see most of the angles involved at a point like this but miss the somewhat scientific foundation to sharpen it into a very spot on conclusion.
To be honest its still more like "okay thats a big factor, thats a small one, thats a very big one etc etc and thus this should be right". I guess my winrating somewhat suggests im pretty much right most of the time /images/graemlins/grin.gif but i know ill be hitting the ceiling pretty soon if i choose to move up in limits. So i'd like some feedback from those posters who always are able to give these beautiful analysises with what comes into play, in what quantitities, and what should be done accordingly. Thanks already,

Apocalypse
07-26-2004, 07:59 AM
one to add here:

POKERSTARS 5/10 (6 max)

I hold K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif in CO

folded to me and I raise, Button folds, SB folds, BB(typical) calls

flop:

7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, and i raise

turn:

A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks and i bet?

Apocalypse
07-26-2004, 08:30 AM
rereading my post i just want to add everyone can of course speak their mind on the subject, not only ppl who can deliver at least 2 pages of analysis. Yes, i will stop now being the only one replying to my own thread here cuz it makes me feel pretty pathetic and i like to keep my real life and online life as seperate as possible /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ikke
07-26-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im curious what other people would do in this place and give some detailed reasoning in wich they weigh the different factors coming into place here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want me to write an essay or should I immediately spend a year writing a book to give a bit more detailed analyses? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Really, your bet is often a good one, and I wouldnt regard it as a semi-bluff. See that SB double checked, most likely indictating weakness, and UTG checked on the flop last to act. The 6s didnt change much, so if I would bet I would more regard it as protecting my hand. I think your hand has a fair chance of being best here, and you might get an A high to fold. So generally, a good bet. Don't overuse it though.

Regards

Ikke
07-26-2004, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rereading my post i just want to add everyone can of course speak their mind on the subject, not only ppl who can deliver at least 2 pages of analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...thank you. Thank you. Really. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Apocalypse
07-26-2004, 12:42 PM
if i knew who you were, and knew where you lived i'd bring you in a world of pain my friend, a world of pain i tell you... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ikke
07-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah, now don't speak tough and put the beer in the freezer as I told you to.

See you tonight.

well
07-26-2004, 02:10 PM
/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I sincerely hope this doesn't cheer you up!

lostinthought
07-26-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
one to add here:

POKERSTARS 5/10 (6 max)

I hold K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif in CO

folded to me and I raise, Button folds, SB folds, BB(typical) calls

flop:

7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, and i raise

turn:

A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks and i bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I check here and hope to catch a king or jack on the river. If I don't, then I won't call a river bet.

lostinthought
07-26-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars 5/10 (6 max)

im in the BB holding A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG (typical although a bit loose preflop) calls, folded to SB(typical) who calls and i check

flop:

Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I check, UTG checks

turn

6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet

[/ QUOTE ]

good bet, of course. more often than not either your ace is good, or they'll fold anyways. No more of your money goes into the pot.

Cut out all the other mumbo jumbo talk.