PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this correctly?

kona
07-26-2004, 01:48 AM
In an online tournament today with a 1000 players. Played well and was second highest chip total at table by about $20.00. My position was the small blind. The blinds were only 20/10. Picked up pocket A’s. Three people bet $20.00 before me. After a long wait I fired in $40.00 which dropped the BB and another player and the rest called. The flop came 9c Qh 3d. After a long wait I checked. The next player bet $40.00. The following player folded. I was putting the bettor on a pair of queens at best. I had also seen him bet large and fold people with A and small cards. Again after a long I bet the amount of the pot and the other player reraised. After a long wait I called. The turn was a 6s and I checked. The other player bet $200.00. After a long wait I raised to $300.00. Then the player went all in and I called. He had Qd 5s and I had the AA. You guessed it …the river was Q and I was out of the tournament.

Did I play this wrong? I put him on the pair of queens, which was correct. There was nothing on the board to help him although I did slow play it.

bicyclekick
07-26-2004, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did I play this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't waste so much time waiting before your betting. It's retarded and just slows the game down.

illunious
07-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Where is Dynasty? He is smart. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=666366&Forum =,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=250&Main =666351&Search=true&where=&Name=5307&daterange=&ne werval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=# Post666366)

The problem with this hand is that you allowed a (Q) to come on the river. It's fine to go all-in on the turn with (AA) but you can't let the (Q) come and give your opponent (three queens). You see, if the (Q) comes, you lose the hand.

kona
07-26-2004, 02:56 AM
Your correct. I did not give him the chance to fold.