PDA

View Full Version : outdrawn, OUTDRAWN and SUPER MEGA OUTDRAWN

kyro
07-25-2004, 09:15 PM
There is no intelligent content here. It's a bad beat, but I'm not here looking for you sympathy. I just think the way this hand developed was amazing. (Note: I probably shouldn't have called the all-in here, I'm actually quite fortunate he didn't have me dominated) Anyways, emotions went from up, to down, to up, to down...observe.

OK, two table SNG at Stars. I have short stack at my table, with 11 left. Blinds are 25/50, so I still have chips to play with, hence making my call dumb. I'm dealt 88 on the button, 4 limpers, and I raise to 250, very next guy re-raises me all-in. I think, I think some more, and decide that 1000 chips with blinds at 50 are too small to play with (idiotic) so I call. Everyone else folds...he turns up AKo.

Yay, so at least I'm ahead, not by much. Flop comes AK2. OK, apparently I'm not destined to win this tourney...

Turn: 8

Holy crap, my two outer hits on the turn. I pump my fists and do a dance, in enough time to turn around and see the river bring a....

River: K

Well, poorly played by me (I underestimate the power of 1000 chips) but talk about going from high to low to high to low in a matter of seconds.

OK, flame away for clogging up your board /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Texas Pete
07-26-2004, 12:24 AM
I once saw some poor dude with AA flop AK5, call an all-in by someone with KK, then another K hits on the river...