PDA

View Full Version : Getting the most value here with AK.

brassnuts
07-25-2004, 08:59 PM
3/6 B&M. I just sat down and had never played with guy on button before, so no reads.

Preflop: folded to Hero in MP with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero raises, folded to button who calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
BB checks, Hero checks, button bets, BB folds, Hero calls.

After the BB folded I figured I'd wait til the turn and checkraise any card.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero checks, button bets, Hero raises, button calls.

Is this still a checkraise?

bisonbison
07-25-2004, 09:11 PM
I'd bet the flop. It disguises your hand and gets more money in.

balkii
07-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Why the flop check? Top two is a monster, I don't think you are behind here...

brassnuts
07-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Yes, I think not betting the flop was the biggest mistake in the hand. The only thing was that just a few hands before, which was the 2nd hand dealt to me after I sat down, I had QQ, flopped a top set, and came out firing the whole way. Just mixing things up, but I do agree with you here.

bisonbison
07-25-2004, 10:28 PM
You raised preflop. The turn paired the ace on the board. How many hands are gonna bet here?

brassnuts
07-25-2004, 10:44 PM
I figured I butchered this hand, just got lucky that he played it as he did. First mistake, ie not betting the flop, lead into mistake #2 of not leading out when I turned the nuts. At the time, I was fairly confused at what I had gotten myself into. I have never been less ecstatic to have the nuts.

xerostar
07-25-2004, 11:30 PM
You should have bet the flop, but that point has already been put across. After the raise on the turn, you probably scared him, he definitely thinks you have an ace, so on the river, you should bet no matter what. The only way he would probably bet the river is if he a) sensed weakness in you but that's probably not likely since you raised preflop b) if he got helped by the river card, which is also probably not likely.

So since both possibilities are not likely, you should bet it.

brassnuts
07-25-2004, 11:33 PM
If I didn't bet the river someone should have put a bullet through my head. He called but didn't show.