PDA

View Full Version : SSH ranked 286th at Amazon.com

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Looks like Ed's book is flying off the shelves. 286th at Amazon seems pretty impressive to me for a poker book, although HPFAP is currently ranked 113th. Only three reviews so far, all stellar. No surprise there, though.

With momentum building, what's the over/under on the book's peak ranking?

Mason Malmuth
07-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Amazon.com: 35

Barnes & Noble.com: 90

MM

Luv2DriveTT
07-26-2004, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Amazon.com: 35

Barnes & Noble.com: 90

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason: Do you know how the ranking system works? I checked Super System, it was ranked 90. I would assume it's a top percentile, but a ranking of 245 then would not be logical - or would it?

From the amazon web site:
[ QUOTE ]
As an added service for customers, authors, publishers, artists, labels, and studios, we show how items in our catalog are selling. This bestseller list is much like The New York Times Bestsellers List, except it lists millions of items! The lower the number, the higher the sales for that particular title.

The calculation is based on Amazon.com sales and is updated regularly. The top 10,000 best sellers are updated each hour to reflect sales in the preceding 24 hours. The next 100,000 are updated daily. The rest of the list is updated monthly, based on several different factors.

We hope you find the Amazon.com Sales Rank interesting!/quote]

d_wrek
07-26-2004, 09:08 AM
I just ordered from Barnes & Noble...ranked 93 right now.

Mason Malmuth
07-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Hi Everyone:

SSH at this moment is currently ranked 71 on Barnes&Noble.com. So it has already beaten my projection there. It's also moving up on Amazon.com. So it appears that this book will sell even better than expected, and our expectations were high to begin with.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Best wishes,
Mason

MicroBob
07-26-2004, 01:46 PM
your welcome MM!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
and congratulations!!

however....this may be the worst news i've heard in awhile. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

here's to hoping that there's a whole lot of people out there who get it and then say '360 pages!! look at all this math!! screw that, too much thinking!!'

i also think that in spite of the repeated reminders as to how each example applies to a specific type of hand or flop it should be very easy for someone to misapply the concepts that are being taught.

unfortunately, i think the book does a very good job of explaining when you should do something and when you shouldn't.

if my opponents start making the correct plays more frequently i'm blaming you guys.

07-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Mason,

If you don't mind telling us, what is the circulation of SSH?
What are the top 5 selling 2+2 books? I would guess TOP, HEFAP, 7CSFAP and Gambling Theories will be right up there... just curious.

Ed Miller
07-26-2004, 05:11 PM
SSH at this moment is currently ranked 71 on Barnes&Noble.com. So it has already beaten my projection there. It's also moving up on Amazon.com. So it appears that this book will sell even better than expected, and our expectations were high to begin with.

To be fair, the B&N rank is inflated because it has the book discounted and Amazon doesn't. So B&N will probably drop when Amazon discounts, and Amazon will probably move up.

J.A.Sucker
07-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Glad to hear that your book is selling so well. Hey Ed, how about some money?

07-27-2004, 03:08 AM
On Amazon.ca, it costs $23.01 Cdn which is a major discount to the regular US price.

But the REAL bonus is that it is ranked 3,353 in Canada's Amazon site - which means that I am less likely to face SSHE disciples at my local cardroom!

Blarg
07-27-2004, 04:26 AM
I'm glad to see so many people are getting ready to mis-apply Ed's ideas and make the rest of us more money. I'm hoping to become one of the readers who get more out of the book than that great "new book smell."

I'm amazed it's moving so fast at Amazon. Must be the timing -- could hardly be better, with hold'em all over t.v. lately.

I pre-ordered from Amazon myself. They're not going to be shipping till around the end of the first week of August, their e-mail confirmation said. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

djack
07-27-2004, 05:50 AM
308th as of right now.

AA suited
07-27-2004, 10:47 AM
thx for reminding me. bought it at bn along with nl/pot limit. 30% discount and bn has the 2002 revised edition of nl/pl whereas amazon does not

ssh is still listed as preorder tho. when does it ship?

stir
07-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Up to 252nd at Amazon

KingMarc
07-27-2004, 12:47 PM
For those that want to order through Amazon but don't want to wait...Amazon marketplace is a great thing. It's individual people selling books at a discounted rate. I ordered my SSH for $15 + $3 shipping, and it's already in the mail.