PDA

View Full Version : KERRY THROWS LIKE A GIRL

brassnuts
07-25-2004, 08:03 PM
nm

SnakeRat
07-25-2004, 08:43 PM
He did dodge grenades and bullets, followed by charging and killing the enemy.

That has to count for some manliness points.

El Barto
07-25-2004, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He did dodge grenades and bullets

[/ QUOTE ]

Did that happen before or after he committed the war attrocities he has admited to?

cardcounter0
07-25-2004, 09:35 PM
I think it was before Bush bravely went to the Dentist in Alabama.

Bob T.
07-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Doesn't this belong somewhere else?

cardcounter0
07-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Late January through Early March, 1969 - Starting in late January 1969, this crew completed 18 missions over an intense and dangerous 48 days, almost all of them in the dense jungles of the Mekong Delta. Kerry's crew included engineman Eugene Thorson, later an Iowa cement mason; David Alston, then the crew's only African-American and today a minister in South Carolina; petty officer Del Sandusky of Illinois; rear gunner and quartermaster Michael Medeiros of California; and the late Tom Belodeau, who joined the crew fresh out of Chelmsford High School in Massachusetts. Others rotated in and out of the crew. The most intense action came during an extraordinary eight days of more than 10 firefights, remembered by Kerry's crew as the "days of hell."

February 20, 1969 - Kerry and crew involved in combat; Kerry receives second combat injury - Kerry earned his second Purple Heart after sustaining a shrapnel wound in his left thigh.

February 28, 1969 - For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action while serving with Coastal Division ELEVEN engaged in armed conflict with Viet Cong insurgents in An Xuyen Province, Republic of Vietnam, on 28 February 1969. Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry was serving as Officer in Charge of Patrol Craft Fast 94 and Officer in Tactical Command of a three-boat mission. As the force approached the target area on the narrow Dong Cung River, all units came under intense automatic weapons and small arms fire from an entrenched enemy force less than fifty-feet away. Unhesitatingly, Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry ordered his boat to attack as all units opened fire and beached directly in front of the enemy ambushers. The daring and courageous tactic surprised the enemy and succeeded in routing a score of enemy soldiers. The PCF gunners captured many enemy weapons in the battle that followed. On a request from U.S. Army advisors ashore, Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry ordered PCFs 94 and 23 further up river to suppress enemy sniper fire. After proceeding approximately eight hundred yards, the boats again were taken under fire from a heavily foliated area and B-40 rocket exploded close aboard PCF-94; with utter disregard for his own safety and the enemy rockets, he again ordered a charge on the enemy, beached his boat only ten feet from the VC rocket position, and personally led a landing party ashore in pursuit of the enemy. Upon sweeping the area an immediate search uncovered an enemy rest and supply area which was destroyed. The extraordinary daring and personal courage of Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry in attacking a numerically superior force in the face of intense fire were responsible for the highly successful mission. His actions were in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service.

March 13, 1969 - For heroic achievement while serving with Coastal Division ELEVEN engaged in armed conflict with Viet Cong communist aggressors in An Xuyen Province, Republic of Vietnam, on 13 March 1969. Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry was serving as Officer in Charge of Patrol Craft Fast 94, one of five boats conducting a SEA Lords operation in the Bay Hap River. While exiting the river, a mine detonated under another Inshore Patrol Craft and almost simultaneously, another mine detonated wounding Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry in the right arm. In addition, all units began receiving small arms and automatic weapons fire from the river banks. When Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry discovered he had a man overboard, he returned upriver to assist. The man in the water was receiving sniper fire from both banks. Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry directed his gunners to provide suppressing fire, while from an exposed position on the bow, his arm bleeding and in pain and with disregard for his safety, he pulled the man aboard. Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry then directed his boat to return and assist the other damaged boat to safety. Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry's calmness, professionalism and great personal courage under fire were in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service. Lieutenant (junior grade) Kerry is authorized to wear the Combat "V".

brassnuts
07-25-2004, 09:47 PM
... For miscellaneous news, views, and gossip

I figured this fell into the gossip category. Could be wrong as I don't frequent this forum often. Where would you put it?

pudley4
07-25-2004, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... For miscellaneous news, views, and gossip

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker/Gambling News.

[ QUOTE ]

I figured this fell into the gossip category. Could be wrong as I don't frequent this forum often. Where would you put it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other Topics (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=exchange)

daryn
07-25-2004, 10:11 PM
this was the weirdest thing for me!

my buddy who i have been friends with since i was 4 years old is the kid who was supposed to catch kerry's pitch. he didn't tell me he was going to be on tv.. i was like, what the F?? it's will! hahah. what a freakout.

brassnuts
07-25-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm sorry. Maybe it was the thread about breast implants with 109 replies or the thread about best drinking songs with 56 replies also sharing this thread that threw me off. My bad.

Bob T.
07-25-2004, 10:41 PM
I can see how those threads confused you. They didn't belong here either, but noone really objected. Then they spawned several more similar threads, and noone really objected, but then it really started getting out of hand, and El Diablo objected. At that point, I think yours was the first new thread that didn't fit this forum, so that is why I pointed out that it was in the wrong forum.

I guess the forum police are just going to be more proactive in the future /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

eastbay
07-26-2004, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did that happen before or after he committed the war attrocities he has admited to?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't admit to committing any war atrocities. I think you're confused.

eastbay

BottlesOf
07-26-2004, 03:04 AM
Perhaps Senator Bob Kerrey?

Gramps
07-26-2004, 03:55 AM
The official scorer ruled it a passed ball...

El Barto
07-26-2004, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I got it right.

Here is an article on CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/25/hughes.kerry.vietnam/)

Here is the full Kerry quote from his Meet The Press appearance:

"There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed, in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones, I conducted harassment and interdiction fire, I used .50-caliber machine guns which were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search-and-destroy missions, in the burning of villages,"

and here is a quote from the daughter of a Vietnam Vet:

"I remember watching Senator Kerry, back when he was against the war, when he came home, and I was very troubled by the kind of allegations that he hurled against his fellow veterans, saying that they were guilty of all kinds of atrocities. As someone whose father was over there fighting, I don't appreciate that. I resent that. I know my father was not guilty of any atrocities, and I really find that that's an irresponsible kind of charge to make."

GWB
07-26-2004, 07:47 AM
brassnuts,

This forum has had a mix of poker and non-poker gossip for a long time, so your post was fine by me. It may have been set up strictly for poker gossip but prevailing practice eventually takes over original intent.

If they want a poker-gossip-only forum, they are going to have to open a new forum for it. Right now the forums seem to work like this:

NV&G:
poker NV&G
non-poker NV&G

Other Topics:
politics
non-poker NV&G

So if you have non-poker NV&G, you choose which forum you want to post in.

It looks like we need 3 forums:

poker NV&G
non-poker NV&G (Other)
politics

The bottom line is, as long as the forums are set up the way it is, this where-to-post issue will continue.

eastbay
07-26-2004, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I got it right.

Here is an article on CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/25/hughes.kerry.vietnam/)

Here is the full Kerry quote from his Meet The Press appearance:

"There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed, in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones, I conducted harassment and interdiction fire, I used .50-caliber machine guns which were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search-and-destroy missions, in the burning of villages,"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so he used the big guns they were given, and burned villages like everyone else did in that war. I think that's kind of a "war is an atrocity" mentality, that frankly I don't blame him for.

But he talked in length about worse atrocities being reported by others, and it's easy to get the two confused.

eastbay

cardcounter0
07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Unlike the systematic administration-approved torture of POWs. An announcement that the Geneva Convention does not apply to US Troops. A suspension of the Bill of Rights to certain US Citizens. But no "admissions" of anything from GW, except that it all must be someone else's fault.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-26-2004, 11:13 AM
I wonder if he got to meet his favorite player, Manny Ortez?

CORed
07-26-2004, 11:27 AM
My first thought after seeing that throw was "Now I know why he went into politics instead of playing major league baseball".

CORed
07-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Yes, I didn't think the soldier he was throwing to was likely to get an offer to play catcher in the big leagues either.

MtSmalls
07-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Lets see how the rest of you throw at 60+. The botox face will fool you, but he really is that old.

djack
07-26-2004, 01:49 PM
you've got to respect a guy who marries a girl worth $400 million, and then dumps her for a girl worth 1.5 billion.

GWB
07-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Check out what Kerry said about his medals:

On April 23, 1971, after tossing a handful of ribbons and medals over the Capitol fence, Mr. Kerry spoke to a gathering of veterans. "This [Nixon] administration forced us to return our medals," he said. Later that year, he told a Washington television interviewer: "I gave back ... six, seven, eight, nine medals," including, he added, his Bronze and Silver Stars, as well as his Purple Hearts. Except that he didn't. (none)

Meanwhile, Mr. Kerry says he's "proud" of his medals, which he, symbolically speaking, tossed over the Capitol fence.

Source article (http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040430-090515-8951r.htm)

fnurt
07-26-2004, 07:00 PM
And what were you up to 30 years ago, Mr. B? Let's give the ancient history a rest...

GWB
07-26-2004, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And what were you up to 30 years ago, Mr. B? Let's give the ancient history a rest...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was partying, like any normal young guy would be. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif