PDA

View Full Version : AKs...Weird Flop Play in small pot

RED_RAIN
07-25-2004, 05:39 PM
SB is an idiot, plays lots of hands, often bets with nothing on flop, then slows down.
BB is an idiot, plays lots of hands, slows down after flop too

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, Button folds, SB calls.

With the play here, on the pot size here are my thoughts.
If I 3-bet, I could very well get capped back since these guys are idiots.
If I just call, someone will for sure bet on the turn, and the SB could likely 3 bet the BB
So I folded, thinking the size of the pot is small, and I need to hit on the turn, cause if I just call, I will get bet into on the turn, and if I 3-bet, seems like I'm paying a lot for a small pot.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6 BB, between SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (6 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ad Qd (high card, ace).
SB shows Th Js (high card, jack).
Outcome: BB wins 6 BB. </font>

zuluking
07-25-2004, 06:20 PM
As far as the flop goes...

To quote Ed Miller, "You should raise." "The pot is large, and you overcards are relatively strong. The board is fairly ragged, and you have a backdoor flush draw. So you should continue."

Ponks
07-25-2004, 06:33 PM
I remember a post pretty much exactly like this in the high stakes forum and I believe most people advocated calling, although raising wasnt far behind. In fact, all 3 options are pretty close, but I'm pretty sure the most people said to call and see what develops.

Ponks