PDA

View Full Version : So I just sign up at pokerstars and start playing?

PhilipJ
07-25-2004, 05:12 PM
Finally approved by the missus, I can start playing real money poker now. I want to start at pokerstars because they have the nanolimit games and I like the software alot. I just need to wait another couple of days till my Neteller account to get in to place.

Since there is no bonus for initial deposit at pokerstars, do I just sign up, deposit and start playing? I just want to make sure I don't miss something. Thank you.

TylerD
07-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Yep. Although there is no initial deposit bonus, there is currently a reload bonus. 20% up to $120, but if you are playing nano limit (i like that phrase btw) it will be impossible to clear as they don't rake the pot at that level. I think you need to play $0.5/1 minimum to get an FPP (of which you will need 600 if you take the full bonus). The bonus ends on Tuesday, best of luck.

afk
07-25-2004, 05:32 PM
You need to play $.25/.50 to be elegible for FPP's, though they are few and far between. The pot needs to reach 20BBs for you to be awarded a FPP.

SirArthur
07-25-2004, 07:35 PM
No you aren't missing anything, unless you want to take advantage of the aforementioned $120 (if you deposit $600) reload bonus.
Like the other poster said, this won't apply to you since you'll be playing nano limits.
Unless you play $5 SnG's, in which you'd have to play 200 (200 X 3FPP) to get the $120 bonus.

Good luck with your venture, I started in the same fashion as you 8 months back with a small deposit on Stars, just one small deposit, and it's still going great.
Patience & discipline are key, don't be tempted to play marginal starting hands.

Although I didn't need approval from anyone, grow a pair. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PhilipJ
07-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the response everybody.

There is no way I can clear the current pokerstars reload bonus given that I am completely new to poker. I just hope I can catch the next one if I progress fast enough.

Thanks again. Good luck.

MicroBob
07-25-2004, 08:30 PM
regardless, if you deposit before tuesday you will still get a 20% bonus.

if you are only depositing $50 there will be $10 in your account waiting to be cleared.....which you can do at the .25/.50 level once you make it there.

btw....these bonuses NEVER expire. once you have the bonus-dollars in your pending account, they will still be there even if it takes you until next december to clear (unless they decide to change the rules between now and then).
also....if/when there is another bonus in a couple of months, you can deposit again and get MORE bonus-money even if you haven't cleared the frist one.

anyway...even if you are only going to deposit $50 or $100, try to do it before tuesday if possible, because hopefully SOMEDAY you'll be able to clear it. if your neteller acct doesn't get set up in time then it really isn't that big a deal obviously (only $10 or $20 in bonus obviously).

PhilipJ
07-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Really. I thought that you had to clear the bonus in a given period of time. Thanks Bob.

Come on, Neteller, show me the money!!!!

Ro-me-ro
07-26-2004, 05:48 AM
If it looks like your NETeller deposit will arrive late, drop an email in to support@pokerstars.com and we will give you a little extension to get the funds there. We do this as we know that EFT's to NETeller take 4-5 days /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rom