PDA

View Full Version : QQ - Turn action ?

Trix
07-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) - Hand is from last week and dont have notes on either player.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks...

Rest of the hand later.

Nutz&Boltz
07-25-2004, 04:42 PM
I bet this turn.

onegymrat
07-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi Trix,

Although it's tempting to slow-play the nut full-house, it is best for you to bet this turn. Let them make the bad decision of calling. The solid player will see this check as too fishy and check behind. The poor player will call you down with ace-high. Bet your hand and hope for a raise.

zuluking
07-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Yea, I agree. You have a monster. Bet and collect.

Trix
07-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I thought that there was a good chance that they had called the flop with very little and now would muck on the turn when the Q hit, as only one of those are left and they are getting much worse odds now.
I also thought that I might collect some bets on the river if they cought something. An A,K,J,T,9 would all make posible worse hands and since I checked the turn, they would be very likely to call the river. My hand also pretty close to unbeatable, so I wont have to worry about giving it away.

I used to play pretty straightforward till I hit 3/6, so I´m not sure which line is better here. Maybe some of the more experienced players know ?

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds.

Yeknom58
07-25-2004, 05:53 PM
If the CO called a flop bet on this no draw board he's calling a turn bet. If he has some BS hand I doubt he calls on the river anyway.

Trix
07-25-2004, 07:28 PM
JT,T9,J9,AJ,AT,A9...,KJ,KT,K9 probably dont call the turn, but can hit a hand they will pay off with or even raise.

Yeknom58
07-25-2004, 08:25 PM
I guess we can just disagree here but this is my reply.

T9, JT, J9 just picked up a gutshot so there is no way they are folding if they called that flop.

In my opinion any Ax, Kx hand that called the flop is calling the turn as they sitll hold one overcard.

GuidoSarducci
07-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Question: If you bet the flop and checked the turn after a Q hits, what are you trying to represent here? Consider that, for a check/raise to work, you need to make like the queen didn't help you. If you 3 bet pre-flop, bet out on the flop and then suddenly hide on the turn, anyone with half a brain is going to smell a rat.

Haupt_234
07-25-2004, 08:29 PM
I'de bet the turn trix. Your opponents surely won't put you on a boat and will continue to draw to their longshots or overcards like they did on the flop.

I used to check the boat and try to let my opponents catch up and hit their straight/flush draws. But I later realized that they wouldn't fold their draw to a turn bet and would raise me on the river if they caught, allowing me to 3-bet and gain more BBs.

Haupt_234

Yeknom58
07-25-2004, 08:31 PM
I disagree with his turn check because I think many hands are going to pay the whole way but if any Ax, Kx, hand hits on the river afer he checks the turn most players if not all will payoff and many will raise.