PDA

View Full Version : I had a feeling

Sent
07-25-2004, 12:34 PM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls.

I somehow had a big feeling this flop missed this guy and a raise here would slow him down.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

I was going to bet here no matter, but that King helped him, I just had a feeling.

River: (8.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

Should I bet the river eventhough I feel I am beat?

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

-Sent

Piiop
07-25-2004, 12:38 PM
what raising hand could utg+2 have that you're ahead of?

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to bet here no matter, but that King helped him, I just had a feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's ok to change your plans

btspider
07-25-2004, 12:40 PM
On the flop, you are hoping for him to hold AK or TT. On the turn, only TT. After he calls your turn bet, I'd check/fold the river, though I doubt he'll bet.

I like the concept, but I'd prefer a QQx flop rather than QQJ. QQJ just leaves you very little room for error.

Sent
07-25-2004, 12:41 PM
On the flop, AK. That's what I put him on for some reason

-Sent

Nemesis
07-25-2004, 02:38 PM
You shouldn't have feelings.... but with that said i couldn't put him on a hand that DIDN'T BEAT YOU. I thought i found one ATs, but then i looked and it made him a straight... when your fighting to find a RANGE of hands that he might raise with from UTG and only one of them doesn't beat you then you're kinda screwed and should probably let it go on the turn.