PDA

View Full Version : Beer pong tournament ruling

pokerwisc
07-25-2004, 12:31 PM
so my friend and i are defending our beer pong championship on foreign ground, and we are eliminated by the following technicality. they make their second cup, and after my friend pulls the cup away, their second ball bounces off the cups into the one in his hand, which now has both balls in it. by house rule, we are out.

for those who have played the game, what do you think of this rule?

personally, i disagree with this rule, as it doesn't show who's the best team. i wouldn't even want to win like this.

blackaces13
07-25-2004, 12:53 PM
The whole double ball thing always struck me as BS too. At my house in college we had the double ball rule and some teams would throw both balls at the same time at the same cup which just doesn't seem fair (forutnately it very rarely worked).

But, if the house rules are that 2 balls in the same cup = victory then you lose. It doesn't matter that your partner had already moved the cup off the table. Its his job to protect it in that case.

pokerwisc
07-25-2004, 12:55 PM
yeah, i didn't protest much as it was the house rule. i just hate that rule.

jwvdcw
07-25-2004, 01:08 PM
never heard of that rule...seems silly and doesn't let the best team win

WC64
07-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Yeah I have never heard of that rule either but oh well more beer for you right?

Homer
07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
We had a rule that if someone got a ball into a cup that had already been hit and had not been fully drunk, *everyone* on the team had to drink another cup. It definitely encouraged faster drinking...