PDA

View Full Version : Small Blind hand. Foolish or bold?

Kaz The Original
07-25-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm new at the table having only called one raise and folded on the flop, no reads what-so-ever. Table seems to be an above average pokerstars .5/1$, shorthanded table in terms of goodness, so I should probably be playing it instead of posting here ; 0 But onward we go.

Hero is in the SB with 6/8 Off Suit (Hearts and Clubs respectively, if you must know).
Seat 1 limps, Seat 2 folds, Seat 3 calls, I call, Big Blind Checks.

Pot is 4 SB.

Flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifk /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, Big Blind checks, FirstLimperIn opens for 1 SB, Second guy calls. 6:1 at me for 7 outs?

Lights, Camera, Action?

Thoughts : 7*7 = 49.... so I need to get 7:1? Implied odds takes care of that in a second. But then again, don't I make money by people calling down my top pair?

Results to follow.

k000k
07-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Fold that garbage preflop, that's a terrible hand, not worth 1/2 a SB. You made middle pair, not top, and you might end up using the board for a kicker. And what 7 outs are you refering to? 2 8's and 3 6's is the best case scenario. It's more like 9:1, Implied odds may not get you that far. With a better and caller before you, fold the flop.

ed: Dont forget there's a LOT of overcards out there, odds are you'll another card higher than 8 by the riv. You can assume the other players also have higher cards than 8. A pair of 8's doesn't stand against 2 players putting $$ in too often.

Nemesis
07-25-2004, 02:09 PM
You wouldn't happen to have played Asheron's Call would you? I knew somebody with that board name.