PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Ed Miller- the Book and Hand histories

lacky
07-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Ed,
I've been reading your book and its top notch. I was wondering if there was anyway that you could post some blocks of 100 hand histories so that others and I could use replayer to actually watch the play your talking about. The problem with reading a book is your never sure you have it right. I watched the tournament hand histories that Frozen_Fish has posted and it was a tremendous help in confirming what I was doing right and pointing out errors I was making. It would actually be helpful to watch any of the successful players, like astroglide, davidross, or schneids to name just a few. I’ve always learned best by example and I think there’s a lot of people like that. I make about $50 per hour multi-tabling 3/6 or $55 sng’s so I could post those. I consider myself mediocre though, so watching the top players would be more useful for everyone. So, what does everyone think?

Steve

Tosh
07-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Ed included MANY good and well thought out examples for every concept he discussed. He can't play for you though, you will learn to use them with experience and posting hands.

Ed Miller
07-25-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry... I doubt I've played 100 hands online in my life. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I have no hand histories.

I suggest you lurk on the Mid- and High-Stakes forum. Some of those guys are truly top-notch.

lacky
07-25-2004, 12:44 PM
I realize that. My point was more along the lines of;
You can read art books all day long, but watching a master at work is still very enlightening.

lacky
07-25-2004, 12:48 PM
You should take a look. There is a significant amount of money to be made playing online if you can multitable

Ed Miller
07-25-2004, 01:25 PM
You should take a look. There is a significant amount of money to be made playing online if you can multitable

I know... call me Ricky Williams, but it just isn't for me.

lacky
07-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Understood, if there was a decent place to play closer that 300 miles I would play live some too. Although, the main advantage for me is we have a 6 month old and I can work from home, so we don't need daycare.

Blarg
07-25-2004, 10:39 PM
$50/hr multi-tabling 3/6 and you consider that mediocre?

lacky
07-26-2004, 05:35 AM
Well, I guess maybe solid but not spectacular. I’m actually averaging $65 per hour, but that’s from playing 6 to 7 tables at a rate of 2.47 BB/100 hands plus a good rakeback deal. 2.47 is solid but its not killing it. I guess I don’t feel like am really there yet because moving up farther hasn’t been going well. I gave up at 15/30 after 30000 hands with a win rate of just 1 BB/100. I felt like I just had to many holes, so I dropped back down to study and work on it. I do feel like I’m making progress. My attempts at moving from the $55 sng’s to the $109 sng’s have also been dismal. When you try to move up in levels and end up not doing well it’s pretty humbling. So, a rambling response, but yeah, I don’t feel like I’m all that great yet. But hey, if you want hand histories I will send them.

Steve

kem
07-27-2004, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry... I doubt I've played 100 hands online in my life. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I have no hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

From amazon.com:
"Looking for a new hobby, he [Ed Miller] deposited a couple hundred dollars in November 2001 to play $1-$2 and $2-$4 hold ’em online. After losing his initial stake, he sought to improve his game, and he found the books and website of Two Plus Two Publishing LLC."

So you lost $200 at $2-4 in under 100 hands? I'm guessing you probably didn't fold anything pre-flop...

Ed Miller
07-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Hehe ok.. you caught me.

But if you change 100 to 2000, it's probably true. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chson
07-27-2004, 10:29 PM
I'd love to see your hand histories. From the sounds of it you'd beat a B&M 15/30 easily.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I guess maybe solid but not spectacular. I’m actually averaging $65 per hour, but that’s from playing 6 to 7 tables at a rate of 2.47 BB/100 hands plus a good rakeback deal. 2.47 is solid but its not killing it. I guess I don’t feel like am really there yet because moving up farther hasn’t been going well. I gave up at 15/30 after 30000 hands with a win rate of just 1 BB/100. I felt like I just had to many holes, so I dropped back down to study and work on it. I do feel like I’m making progress. My attempts at moving from the $55 sng’s to the $109 sng’s have also been dismal. When you try to move up in levels and end up not doing well it’s pretty humbling. So, a rambling response, but yeah, I don’t feel like I’m all that great yet. But hey, if you want hand histories I will send them.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

lacky
07-28-2004, 12:56 AM
PM me an email address and about how many blocks of 100 you want. Or, if you want the sng's, let me know that also.

Steve