PDA

View Full Version : Fishy McFish Springs to Life on the River

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Early in a barroom SnG. We all start with 20K chips, and I'm the leader with 30K., Closing time is coming soon, so the blinds are doubling every 15 minutes. Most of the players at the table (6-handed) suck. The only TAG at the table is on my left. Nemesis in this hand has limped in 80% of hand and called almost every preflop raise.

With blinds of 200/400 I'm dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif in EP. UTG limps, I raise 2000. Superfish calls, as does loose-passive button.

Flop Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I lead out for 3K, both call.

Turn J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet out another 3K and both call.

River is 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet 3K again, and Superfish pushes all-in for a 10K raise. Button folds.

10K to me to call (I'm down to about 18K & the pot is close to 40K).

What's my play here?

Should I have played this differently?

Eder
07-25-2004, 12:19 PM
I think you're beat...after the ist raise is called I would be worried that I'm beat and would back off...what could they possibly be calling with after your preflop raise? Prob Ax /images/graemlins/spade.gif

durron597
07-25-2004, 12:53 PM
What did he have, 65o with one spade? I've seen fish do this play many times before, with absolutely nothing, for some reason they think they can take any pot down on the river.

Remember, loose/passive players don't bet unless they have a hand. So no matter how fishy they are, he probably hit it on the river if he is loose/passive. Is there any trickiness to him?

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Hadn't played long enough to know if the guy was tricky, this was only 10 minutes into the game.

I did know he'd call with any two, and assumed the 7 gave him two pair. I foolishly called and he turned over Q7o, for the rivered two pair.