PDA

View Full Version : midamerica classic in tunica

Unvme
07-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Anyone played in this? How are the cash games while the tourney is going on? Are there a lot of games or is it limited? What type of games? etc etc

any info would be apprecaited, thanks

MicroBob
07-25-2004, 01:33 AM
the horseshoe will open extra-tables outside the poker-room in the blackjack pits to accomodate demand (and will also be using these tables for the tournaments themselves).

they will have more 20/40 and up games than they usually would....but you can get into a 4/8 game too if that's your speed.

i believe there is also increased ring-game action at Gold Strike and even at the Grand up the road from the influx of extra players.

Unvme
07-25-2004, 06:28 AM
appreciate it

scalf
07-25-2004, 10:55 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif i'll be there; hot as a half-ficked fox in a forest fire; after reading the new holdem book by ed miller..

look out..

gl...

p.s. usually gr8 side action at the shoe, gold strike, and grand; used to be good 10-20 at sam's town, but unclear if they spread gr8ter than 5-10 now..

gl..the fri seafood buffet at shoe is pretty good..

lol..i sea the food; and i eat it..

lol

gl /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

cjmewett
07-26-2004, 01:49 AM
ttt

I'm also curious about this thing. Does anyone know where to find the schedule online? Binion's website is garbage.

JTrout
07-26-2004, 04:08 AM
Here (http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/schedule1535.htm)

James Boston
07-26-2004, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
used to be good 10-20 at sam's town, but unclear if they spread gr8ter than 5-10 now..

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I was there (about 2 months ago), they were spreading 2-4, 4-8, and 10-20.

PokerPaul
07-26-2004, 10:19 AM
will be heading down next week to take in some live tourney action.

Never been before, and wife isnt interested so im heading in solo......let me know if anyone else in tourney is interested in meeting up

Abe
07-26-2004, 10:58 AM
scalf,

Leaving for Tunica in a couple days and will be there the whole tourney. Ask for me in the Shoe cardroom.

I have always been curious if you talk the same in person as your posting language on these forums.

Also bringing SSH for a detailed reread, poolside.

Heres my daily schedule - Gold Strike, Horseshoe, Gold Strike, Horseshoe, Gold Strike. Whew! All that walking.

PokerPaul
07-28-2004, 03:31 PM
......NOT!!!

LOL....based on the number of responses.

Oh well...i'll be the canadian guy at the lounge bar drinking by myself after i get bumped from the tourneys.