PDA

View Full Version : South Park vs. The Simpsons

blackaces13
07-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Please take all seasons into account:

B Dids
07-24-2004, 10:04 PM
I voted for the Simpsons, but only because of the 1st several reasons. Lately South Park is much better.

blackaces13
07-24-2004, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted for the Simpsons, but only because of the 1st several reasons. Lately South Park is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling this will be a critical issue. The Simpsons was great back in the early seasons yet even the most die hard fan will have to admit the Simpsons has been falling off lately. SP however, if anything has been consistently getting stronger with each season. At least that's my take.

This is why I asked that everyone take all seasons into account. You then, think that the early Simpsons seasons more than compensate for their last couple of seasons and it is the overall better show. Nothing wrong with that. Thanks for voting.

Duke
07-24-2004, 11:47 PM
I think I laughed pretty hard at one Simpsons episode, and chuckled a bit at the one that referenced The Prisoner - mainly because I assumed that 99.9% of the viewership had never heard of The Prisoner.

The Simpsons isn't meant to be funny anyhow; it's meant to be watched.

~D

blackaces13
07-25-2004, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Simpsons isn't meant to be funny anyhow; it's meant to be watched.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you voted for SP then?

miamikid
07-25-2004, 02:08 AM
I voted for the Simpsons because of seasons past.

I used to not like South Park when it first came out but lately, it is definetely funnier than the Simpsons.

My favorite South Park episodes...

1. Episode 501:
Scott Tenorman Must Die
Original Air Date: 07-11-2001
Guest Star - Radiohead as Radiohead
"Cartman goes medieval on Scott Tenorman's ass when ginger-haired Scott tricks our supple hero into buying his pubic hair for $16.12. Radiohead guest stars and plays a role in Cartman's elaborate scheme at getting sweet revenge on his unsuspecting foe."

2. Episode 704:
Cancelled
Original Air Date: 03-19-2003
"Everyone’s favorite delinquent minors are back when Stan, Cartman, Kyle and Kenny find out that Earth is just one big intergalactic reality show that’s about to be cancelled. When the satellite dish in Cartman’s ass reactivates the four boys travel to meet the Joosyans (the heads of all the media in the galaxy) to try and convince them to not cancel their show. The network executives take them on a learning journey and they discover that Alien Executives are drunken perverted bastards."

3. Episode 511:
The Entity
Original Air Date: 11-21-2001
"Frustrated with long lines at the airport, Mr. Garrison (Herbert to his friends) invents a new mode of transportation that’s “extra enjoyable” for roughly 10 percent of the population. And Kyle’s cousin Kyle visits South Park, bringing his “New York sensibilities” with him - much to our Kyle’s horror."

Mucking Idiot
07-25-2004, 03:06 AM
Ralph Wiggam has a cat.

Mucking Idiot
07-25-2004, 03:07 AM
It's breath smells like cat food.

Duke
07-25-2004, 04:12 AM
Definitely.

~D

jwvdcw
07-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Simpsons and its not even close

gojacketz
07-25-2004, 04:34 PM
In my opinion, the first 7 or 8 years of the Simpsons is the best TV that I have ever seen. Absolutely hilarious.

The new ones are funny, but not in the same way.

Gojacketz

theBruiser500
07-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Excuse me for saying so, but this thread is stupid. No contenst - the Simpsons in their heydey are better by orders of magnitude.

kerssens
07-25-2004, 10:26 PM
It's name is Mittens

Chah Ngo
07-25-2004, 10:36 PM
"Worst poll ever!" http://www.xacting.com/images/cbg.jpg

blackaces13
07-25-2004, 11:04 PM
I thought it would be a lot closer. Personally I think its pretty obvious that SP is funnier even though I love the Simpsons and it was my favorite show for a lot of years.

I think everyone almost feels obligated to say that the Simpsons is funnier because it came around first and a lot of us were kids when we got into it.

Looking at the 2 shows objectively though, South Parks is leaps and bounds funnier than the Simpsons ever was. It may well be the funniest show ever.

kerssens
07-26-2004, 12:31 AM
I agree that South Park is funnier but I think a factor in that is that they're on Comedy Central and have a lot more freedom to do edgier stuff, it easily leaped over the Simpsons when it started to get a little stagnant

theBruiser500
07-26-2004, 12:58 AM
Actually Broockton, you are flat out wrong. Simpsons are funnier, keep your stupid, wrong opinions to yourself.

WillMagic
07-26-2004, 04:30 AM
I would have voted for the Simpsons if they hadn't been damn near unwatchable lately, and the fact of the matter is South Park is just getting stronger and stronger - they are just so consistently funny. But, if the Simpsons had just cut off its run about four years ago, then their earlier seasons would have carried the day, IMO.

blackaces13
07-26-2004, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Simpsons are funnier, keep your stupid, wrong opinions to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke? Or are you actually fool enough to write a sentence like this on an "Other Topics" forum?

Just wondering, honestly.

ThaSaltCracka
07-26-2004, 07:59 PM
I voted for SP. I bought season 3 on DVD and every episode on their is funny as hell, but the strangest thing is, they have gotten funnier. Season 8 may very well be the best season to date. Simpsons has sucked for probably 2-3 seasons....

I base this upon the glory days for each show. Right now could very easily be SP's peak, and if it is, it easily beats The Simpsons. Watch some of the early episodes of the Simpsons. Seasons 1 and 2 aren't that funny. Everything was about Bart. They kicked it into high gear once they shifted the entire focus to Homer, but theres only so many jokes they can do in regards to Homer.

SP by a nose, IMO.

BlackMamba
07-26-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm makin this decision on many factors, but the most prevailing is the "right now" factor, and right now, South Park is much funnier. If it was about 5-6 years ago, I would have to pick the Simpsons.

And trust me, everybody knows the main focus of the Simpsons has always been on Maggie. I mean come on, she killed Mr.Burns for peet sakes. It don't get much better than that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vehn
07-26-2004, 09:15 PM
I think SP has or is getting close to peaking. There have been several episodes this year that were decisively mediocre. Goobanks/Jeffersons/awesom-o were all just OK. Passion of the jew was terrible. meh.

Daliman
07-26-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Simpsons are funnier, keep your stupid, wrong opinions to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke? Or are you actually fool enough to write a sentence like this on an "Other Topics" forum?

Just wondering, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brock....reread that sentence he wrote a couple times...

ThaSaltCracka
07-27-2004, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There have been several episodes this year that were decisively mediocre. Goobanks/Jeffersons/awesom-o were all just OK.

[/ QUOTE ] Suck my balls Vehn.... and then get back to the pile!

your crazy man, those were three hilarious shows... maybe your just ignorant...

BlackMamba
07-27-2004, 04:18 PM
The Jeffersons was hilarious. I didn't know makin fun of my former idol (MJ) could be so funny. And he is innocent, BTW.

ThaSaltCracka
07-27-2004, 05:09 PM
totally, if you don't think the Jefferson episode was funny, I question whether you have a sense of humor.

kerssens
07-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Awesome-O just ok??

Vehn
07-28-2004, 05:35 PM
uh yeah it was basically another "butters-angst" episode that we've seen a billion times before. It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special. Jeffersons basically consisted of the same joke over and over and the whole cop thing was totally unfunny. Kenny and the nose thing and the dream were good but that doesn't make up for the other 20 minutes.

I notice no one is defending passion of the jew.

ThaSaltCracka
07-28-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uh yeah it was basically another "butters-angst" episode that we've seen a billion times before. It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special.

[/ QUOTE ] WHAT????? Cartman had to stick a damn suppository up Butters butt, how funny is that? That was one of the funniest episodes man.... unbelievable......

[ QUOTE ]
Jeffersons basically consisted of the same joke over and over and the whole cop thing was totally unfunny.

[/ QUOTE ] And you didn't think it was funny that Cartman had a dream about making out with MJ???

Vehn
07-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Seeing as my post was 4 sentances long its hard to believe you only read 3 of them.

ThaSaltCracka
07-28-2004, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing as my post was ......

[/ QUOTE ] sorry this was as far as I got.

kerssens
07-29-2004, 12:16 PM
The passion one was pretty strange, Mel Gibson smearing the wall and Cartman getting his at the end and all

SpiderMnkE
07-29-2004, 01:00 PM
I guess I'll have to start watching Southpark.