PDA

View Full Version : Aces facing a frustrating checkraise on the turn HELP!

DrGutshot
07-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Hi all, i just sat down at this table a few hands before, I had not seen MP1 play any hands, so no reads. You may be surprised that I called this down, I was surprised I did too, considering the strength MP1 played this with, my reasoning, of course, was "This is party 2/4, these guys are idiots!" Do I play this any differently to maximize potential winnings/cut losses? Thanks, I'll post results after a few good replies.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

TRWIII
07-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Without any reads on the opponent, a turn checkraise on this board worries me. Im not seeing a whole lot of legitimate hands that you're ahead of. You have four option as I see it.

1) Check behind the turn. I dont like this much, but it may induce a bluff on the end.

2) 3-bet the turn and fold to a cap. You lose the same amount of bets as calling down and if he doesnt cap, you're likely to get a free showdown and save a bet when you're behind. And me might fold to the turn 3-bet... it's slim, but it might happen.

3) Fold to the turn checkraise. There's merit to this, but I think you may have a better than 10% chance of being good here so I dont think I'd advise this.

4) Call down. I dont think I like this either, but its better than #1 and #3.

Overall I think option #2 is best as it gives you the best chance to win the hand.

Just my 2 cents,
TRWIII