PDA

View Full Version : First time in Vegas, having a great time

Peter
07-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi all,

I'm in vegas for the first time, in fact it's my first trip to the states. I have been here a week, and I'm having a great time. I'll be here 4 more weeks, so it would be cool to meet some of the regulars. I won't check my messages every day, just once or twice a week, so if you're interested in meeting up with a vegas newbie, drop me a message and tell me where you'll be playing next weekend, I'll come there too.

Some of the exciting things so far: I have been to the World's Greatest Magic show. That's what they call it themselves. I don't think it is, but it's still worth to see it. They have some pretty good magicians.
In playing online for two years, I only saw three royals. In my first week in Vegas I saw one. Vegas must be rigged /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Yesterday I hit a jackpot hand at the Mandalay Bay in a 4-8 game, that was pretty cool. I had KK, raised 2 limpers, flop came KQx with 2 spades, turn came Ks, I get checkraised, I 3bet and get called down. Jackpot paid $94, the pot itself was bigger than that, but still.

I'll post a complete trip report when I get back in 4 weeks.

Peter

dogmeat
07-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Jackpot hand and all, huh Peter? Good for you. Have a great time.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Guido
07-25-2004, 01:47 PM
I wish I was in Vegas too /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I'm looking forward to your trip report.

Nice jackpot hand. Now hope for a bad beat jackpot /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Thanks,

Guido