PDA

View Full Version : WWJD

stupidsucker
07-24-2004, 06:08 PM
He will smite you thats what he will do....

Entertaining beat here.

I am BB holding AA with blinds at 150-300.

The guy to my right has been playing like a moron from the get go. He pushes from the SB into my AA.

I decided to be a smart ass for some reason I cant help it sometimes (A leak in my game I think)

I type in "Thank you Jesus" and I promptly call.

He shows TT flops Quads and no one says a word.

Guess thats what I get for being a jackass.

I am in the middle of a rough patch right now, and this about sums it up hehe.. I thought if maybe I could see the entertainment value of it instead of getting tilty it would be better for my game.

stupidsucker
07-24-2004, 11:26 PM
The plauge continues.

Im losing left and right to 3 outers all in preflop.

I just cant get anyone to fold anything!!!

Thing is, Im not losing money. I am breaking even over my last 50 games.. Should I even be complaing about it at all then? I just cant seem to get over the edge.

Sorry for the dribble, helps keep me off tilt if I can vent some. I personally hate reading bad beat stories.

AtlBrvs4Life
07-25-2004, 01:50 AM
I understand. Same thing seems to be happening to me over and over lately.

Drunk Bob
07-25-2004, 02:30 AM
Why do you want them to fold if you have A1 hands.

Possibly you need to work on your post flop skills?

I know this has nothing to do with AA allin preflop,But are you moving in with less often?

AtlBrvs4Life
07-25-2004, 02:58 AM
Just finished another joyful game. Tripled up with quad aces early. Second in chips on the bubble with 400 blinds. Get AQo in BB and two people limp. I push expecting two folds. Of course the chip leader calls me with A8s, hits the 8 on the flop and I'm out. Every game is torture lately.

stupidsucker
07-25-2004, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want them to fold if you have A1 hands.

Possibly you need to work on your post flop skills?

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I couldnt understand why you said this, then I re-read my own post.

I wrote that post after I made a couple of push-semibluffs on some flops. I am very aggressive on the flop and sometimes I get caught. Normally I take down the pot.

Tonight I was getting called on pushes and they would show ace high. One guy called me with Q high no draw. Catch a Q and beat my lower pair.

Yes I want them to fold these hands. I would rather take the pot down then face a race, even if I am slightly ahead.

Anyways. Im killing this thread. It was just for me to vent. I thought the God Quads were funny. I ended the night with a come back 1st place, and now I am up 2 bucks from 2 days ago when I started this bad run, and only down $20 from my peak. I was just being a whiney gutlass pukey poker player that cant even handle an EVEN swing... What am I going to do if I actualy have 2 losing days in a row... OH the HUMANITY!

Im better now.

lacky
07-25-2004, 05:29 AM
Just a heads up, you will have MONTHS that are breakeven. I had a down swing at 15/30 and took a shot at $109's and moved back to $55's. So, I have basically not made a dime in 6 weeks. In 10 months of full time I've had two periods like this. Be ready for it. If you read the DavidRoss year long post he talks about it too.

Steve

durron597
07-25-2004, 12:49 PM
How can you tell the difference between bad runs and a leak in your game?

stupidsucker
07-25-2004, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you tell the difference between bad runs and a leak in your game?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is always a good question. The answer is simple. Everyone should always be looking to plug leaks. As soon as you think your game is perfect without a single pinhole then you are making a mistake. Bad runs happen to everyone including of course winning players. I have no doubt in my mind that some of this could have been avoided due to some leaks. I also feel confident that I am a winning player. WHat to do?... I use PT, and I like to go replay the entire thing, and look for stupid mistakes, over aggression, and I look for the things I did right too. Its hard to be self objective, and sometimes I probably screw that up too.

But some things are easy. Do you think calling all in with my aces from the BB was a leak in my game? In most of my bad runs Its a pushes gone crazy, and I am rarely behind. Its just swings where the other people win races and I dont.

When I get on a bad run I tend to play a little too tight I think. This is a leak in my game I discovered 2 months ago, and I am correcting. I find myself mentaly not as willing to steal when it gets 4-5 handed.

stupidsucker
07-25-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you will have MONTHS that are breakeven

[/ QUOTE ]

I am willing to deal with this, and I am prpared for it with back up $$. but not very prepared for it mentally. I find it hard to believe that if I play 650 SnGs that I will break even. (provided that I am a winning player) If I have a break even game after 650 SnGs then something is wrong with my game.

Acording to Aleos confidence calculater with my stats (after 241 20's) it says that with 95% confidence I will have made between 2k and 6k after playing 650 SnGs.

Swings happen, but UNtil I see a 650 SnG swing to the negative/even then I will remain positive that it would take a fluke. After a year, I might have a swing like that once, but I doubt it. I like SnGs because I feel the swing is much lower then ring games. This isnt the same as playing 15-30. There is a reason that you need 300BBs to play ring games, and a mid level SnG player can get along with 30-50 buy ins as a bankroll.

Someone once tried to tell me that playing SnGs I could have a bad YEAR.

lacky
07-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Both my bad times came from trying to move up and hitting bad runs. After moving back down to rebuild it takes longer to build it back up due to the lower limits. I don't know anyway around it other than never moving up, but that caps your income. If the move up always started with a good run, that would be fine too. I'm not real lucky when it comes to that.

mackthefork
07-25-2004, 08:13 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I been having some similar problems, I even lost some money over probably 100 sngs, I think confidence is a large part of this game, a lack of confidence probably leads to the breaking down of judgement to a certain extent anyways.

Regards ML

DrPhysic
07-25-2004, 08:34 PM
SS,

Pls do not feel like the lone ranger. Having busted out of the WCOOP HU qualifier on a drawout, I decided I couldn't do much more damage today by entering the $3 multi. Early catch AKs, flop KKQ, lost to QQQKK. A proud finish of 1566th.

Oh, Well. Wasn't my day either.

Doc /images/graemlins/crazy.gif