PDA

View Full Version : Slowing down with QQ.. semi-cordinated board + overcard

bobdibble
07-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Thoughts? Too weak/tight, or the right level of caution? The board just seems to get worse from street-to-street.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Nemesis
07-24-2004, 02:58 PM
The check on the turn... i don't really know what to say about it. I guess it's OK to do, and i don't really know of any other way to play the turn. BET the river for value. Somebody with an Ace would more than likely have bet, somebody with a 5 wouldn't be scared by the ace and continue to bet. Your QQ is good here after seeing the turn action. You will get called by weaker hands here over 50% of the time I think, they will assume you're bluffing and call trying to pick you off with K high.

Nottom
07-24-2004, 03:28 PM
That flop is not particularly scary so I think you need to go ahead and 3-bet. After the turn gets checked through, you have to bet the river here.