PDA

View Full Version : Missed the overcards.. buff the community trips

bobdibble
07-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Good or bad bluff.. Heck, the A by itself may be good.. well, until UTG+1 tells me to go stuff my A. Call or fold the raise?

What about the aggression with the overcards in the rest of the hand?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, BB calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Nemesis
07-24-2004, 02:49 PM
I'd have played the same way. Odds are the opponent didn't pair his cards on the flop, so unless they hold a high pocket pair (unlikely from preflop action) then you're ok, although they will probably call all the way with a pair of 2's as well. So if nobody has a pocket pair then you're golden, I think that you will win that with a bluff and improving to the best and, and having your ace high hold up enough to be profitable in the long run.

HajiShirazu
07-24-2004, 04:18 PM
I usually check-call the river in this situation (same goes for two pair on board.) Sometimes someone will bluff if you check, but someone with the boat will raise, and you probably will have to call.