PDA

View Full Version : Trump IN Trip Report

namknils
07-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Last night a friend and I hit up the Trump in Gary, IN. It's about an hour drive from where we are in IL. When we were almost finished fighting the traffic I called ahead and put us on the list for the 3/6 full kill game. When we got there we hit the bathrooms, watched Sammy Sosa put the Cubs up 5-1 and then headed up to the poker room to see that we would be seated right away. At first the two of us were sitted at different tables, but after about 5 hands for each of us two seats opened up at the end of my table, so my pal changed tables and I requested a seat change. Now we're ready to have fun, we ordered a couple 24oz Keg Cans of Heiny and start demolishing the table.

I don't really remember any specific hands except for I had an AQ offsuit hand in early position, I just limped we had about 8 to the flop of AAx. This looked beautiful from where I sat, so I decided to check and let someone else bet it for me. Sure enough a bet in middle position, but then a raise in late position! I decided to just cold call the raise and check raise the turn, so that's what I did. Then I bet out the river and took town a nice size pot. That was about my third check raise of the night at that point and the players who were on the receiving end didn't seem happy. The guy I beat in this hand left the table shaking his head after that hand and we had a new sucker fill his seat.

Amazingly I ended up a lot yet I never got AA KK QQ or AK. My highest pocket pair was JJ. Now that I think of it I had another nice hand where I had 99 and floped a set, that pot was huge.

So anyway the final stats were, my friend ended up ahead about $30 after 3.5 hours, and I ended up ahead $184 after 3.5 hours.

The dealers were good tonight with the exception of one cranky ahole. We actually came pretty close to winning the bad beat jackpot and the table got excited, but he just acted like a jerk explaining how we missed. My friend held A7s, and flopped two aces, his opponent had pocket tens, turn was an 8 and river was the case Ace. So now my friend has Quad aces but his 7 doesn't play because the 8 is his kicker, and he beat Aces full of tens. So the requirement is Aces full of tens beat, with both hole cards used. But also, the Aces full of tens hand has to hold an ace, so his pocket tens didn't qualify even if my friend had both his cards used. So close yet so far away.

Anyway, it was a great night, profit for both of us, two 24oz Keg cans for both of us, then we hit up Denny's on the way home. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for reading.

-nam