PDA

View Full Version : Check-raise the River?

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-24-2004, 11:43 AM
'Stars $36 + 3 limit HE satellite. Only 9 started. 1st gets the buy-in to the $200 + 15 LHE tourney, 2nd place gets $109.

I tend to play this satellite every Saturday morning. We're late in level I, blinds are 10/20, limits are 20/40. All 9 still here with stacks ranging from 1150 - 2000.

Table has so far seemed very LAG. I'm UTG and pick up T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and raise. UTG+2 makes it 3-bets, 3 folds, MP3 caps it, folded to the BB who calls the extra3, I call, as does UTG+1. 4 see the flop with 330 in the pot.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I check, UTG+1 bets, well all call. 4 to the turn with 410 in the pot.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I check, UYG+1 bets, MP3 calls, BB folds, I call. 3 left with 510 at stake (12.75 big bets)

River: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Who bets here? Who goes for the check-raise?

My action and results later.

Eder
07-24-2004, 01:02 PM
I hope you checked and someone rivered the nut flush...

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-24-2004, 04:12 PM
I checked, it gets checked around and no surprise, MHIG.

MP3 starts complaining that AA never holds up and that he got beat by an effing hitchhiker. Who believes that he actually checked AA on the river?

Desdia72
07-24-2004, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
'Stars $36 + 3 limit HE satellite. Only 9 started. 1st gets the buy-in to the $200 + 15 LHE tourney, 2nd place gets $109.

I tend to play this satellite every Saturday morning. We're late in level I, blinds are 10/20, limits are 20/40. All 9 still here with stacks ranging from 1150 - 2000.

Table has so far seemed very LAG. I'm UTG and pick up T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and raise. UTG+2 makes it 3-bets, 3 folds, MP3 caps it, folded to the BB who calls the extra3, I call, as does UTG+1. 4 see the flop with 330 in the pot.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I check, UTG+1 bets, well all call. 4 to the turn with 410 in the pot.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I check, UYG+1 bets, MP3 calls, BB folds, I call. 3 left with 510 at stake (12.75 big bets)

River: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Who bets here? Who goes for the check-raise?

My action and results later.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd probably check the river and see if someone bets after my check. you were 3 betted preflop after you raised, another guy capped it and another guy called. although somebody could have two hearts in their hand, somebody may also have a bigger pair than you. four of a kind 8s is extremely unlikely. if one guy bets and the other raises him, i think it's a pretty good chance somebody has a higher fullhouse. don't know if i would call the river raise of another guy with this hand considered what happened earlier in the hand. then again, i'm still learning.

Desdia72
07-24-2004, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I checked, it gets checked around and no surprise, MHIG.

MP3 starts complaining that AA never holds up and that he got beat by an effing hitchhiker. Who believes that he actually checked AA on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying a guy folded Aces or lost with Aces over 8's to 4 of a kind 8s?

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
if one guy bets and the other raises him, i think it's a pretty good chance somebody has a higher fullhouse

??? Uh, I have the highest full house (TTT88), the only hands that beats me are quad 8's or 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Tosh
07-24-2004, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who believes that he actually checked AA on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can check from the hand history I believe.

Desdia72
07-24-2004, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if one guy bets and the other raises him, i think it's a pretty good chance somebody has a higher fullhouse

??? Uh, I have the highest full house (TTT88), the only hand that beats me is quad 8's.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the guy had 8s over Aces full? if so, ok. you're right, no other higher card hit on board that would have given them a better hand than when your 10 hit at the river. my bad.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-24-2004, 06:12 PM
The guy *said* he folded AA, but in last position with a board of 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif you wouldn't bet AA??

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-24-2004, 06:14 PM

I already did. He capped preflop with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif and UTG+1 3-bet me with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I was ahead all the way.

stupidsucker
07-24-2004, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who believes that he actually checked AA on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can. I often check to see what cards people were playing with.

I would have bet the river btw. Anyone with a T would probably raise you (and you shuld just call IMO) The Quad isnt unlikely at all. I see it played this way all to often.

stupidsucker
07-24-2004, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I already did. He capped preflop with A 7 and UTG+1 3-bet me with 9 9

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops missed this.

Dont you love it when people start lying about their cards like they just got a bad beat to hide their poor play. I lie all the time myself, but only if the HH cant be used against me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif